my new go fast goodies

Kevin Leitem

I was going to wait till i actually got these in my hands to post, but i couldn't wait. since it is kinda slow lately i will let you all guess what it is. hint, the box it sits on going with the part.

Attachments

• geard.jpg
    geard.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 580
  • geardrive.jpg
    geardrive.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 473
  • un.jpg
    un.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 480
I was going to wait till i actually got these in my hands to post, but i couldn't wait. since it is kinda slow lately i will let you all guess what it is. hint, the box it sits on going with the part.

Its a steering wheel from a flight simulator.

you ruined all the fun!!! lol, now what is in the box

It also looks to be the type of mount that drives the blower directly from the crankshaft instead of using a belt, and you only use serious hardware like than on an F series race blower, which I'm guessing is in the box.

David

this set up is not going on the engine i am currently running. i am planning on building a 3.8 race engine. the block will be filled including the heads, it will have a righ rise sheet metal intake with 6 individual runners with injector ports in the runners. looking into a dry sump oil pan that has main cap supports built in. will be running on 100% methanol. with big stuff 3 controlling everything. powerglide trans. pretty much all out race car. since running the methanol i would no longer need an intercooler, radiator, pumps and all stuff to go along. weight drop will be substantial. at least 200 lbs

i am just starting to get a few things ironed out and starting to get pieces together. i will still be a while to get it running.

david, it looks like they have extensions on that to make room for oter belt driven acessories. so mine will be a little shorter. and i know you asked about the rad before you had a chance to read my earlier post

david, it looks like they have extensions on that to make room for oter belt driven acessories. so mine will be a little shorter. and i know you asked about the rad before you had a chance to read my earlier post

Yeah I was busy resizing and uploading the picture and didn't see your other post.

David

All that money on prepping a 3.8 production block :eek:
How is it any more money than any other block? Any race block will get filled. Nothing I am doing is because it is a 3.8. I would do the same even on your 4.5 or any race engine. That is how a serious drag race engine is built.

How is it any more money than any other block? Any race block will get filled. Nothing I am doing is because it is a 3.8. I would do the same even on your 4.5 or any race engine. That is how a serious drag race engine is built.

I don't doubt that at all. I know you are deadly serious in the drag racing field and frankly I think what you are doing is damn exciting. However, I just would hate to see key limitations of the 3.8 block haunt this project; cylinder heads.

I don't doubt that at all. I know you are deadly serious in the drag racing field and frankly I think what you are doing is damn exciting. However, I just would hate to see key limitations of the 3.8 block haunt this project; cylinder heads.

That is why the heads are getting filled. To prevent them from lifting. The LS guys run into this since they only have 4 bolts per cylinder too. And if flow is your concern, then the 38 lbs of boost the F1R is capable of will solve that!

Back