BE2012 new laptop...same dongle

figulaz

SCCoA Member
View attachment GSALI Instructions.pdf
Happy New Year All! My really really old laptop that has BE 2012 has about a 10-15 battery life on full charge and I want to drive around and look at fuel trims. I was able to install BE2012 on a old Window 7 laptop with decent battery life. It shows registered to the dongle just fine but I'm not able to get the strategy or calibration in the new install. I've save the gsali.LIC and gsali.cry files into the Computer> Local Disk C:> Program Files >Binary Editor and .BEB files too. With a thumb drive i was able to just about mirror the original install in terms of file location. When I open BE I click on Strategy on the top left and select gsali.cry nothing and happens. I kept messing around with it and found a CBAZA excel file and was able to load it. Let me know what I'm missing...pretty sure it's something simple. I appreciate any input. I'm attaching Dave's instructions for a frame of reference/refresher.

Unfortunately you need a new definition registration. Only the BE license is on the dongle. Tis ghey I know.

Unfortunately you need a new definition registration. Only the BE license is on the dongle. Tis ghey I know.

Thanks. I'll try with the old laptop...maybe mickey mouse a DC to AC converter/inverter deal I have in the shed.

Thanks. I'll try with the old laptop...maybe mickey mouse a DC to AC converter/inverter deal I have in the shed.

Get a new battery for the old laptop?

They also should have 12VDC power supplies available for the old laptop.

Back