Trailer Parking at New Shootout Hotel

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
I've been getting a lot of questions about trailer parking at the new shootout hotel. I think people are looking at the parking lot for the Ramada Inn in Mt Sterling but our hotel is the Ramada Inn LIMITED in Mt. Sterling. You can see in the picture that there is a long row of double parking spots that should be good for everybody with open trailers. Those with longer enclosed trailers may need to be more creative but for the most part we should be good.

Ramada Inn Limited - Mt Sterling.jpg

that is the lot

I think that the lot where that white van is parked would be the only place we can park trailers.. Any truck with even a open trailer will be at least 232" long up to 263" long for a crew cab...add to that the trailer of 20' you come in at 40' on the short side and 42' for the super crew guys... Those spots where that van is are maybe 35' long... We can use that whole side lot and have someone who knows how to park we will be fine...otherwise we will be parking on that side road like I was told by the lady......Rich

I think that the lot where that white van is parked would be the only place we can park trailers.. Any truck with even a open trailer will be at least 232" long up to 263" long for a crew cab...add to that the trailer of 20' you come in at 40' on the short side and 42' for the super crew guys... Those spots where that van is are maybe 35' long... We can use that whole side lot and have someone who knows how to park we will be fine...otherwise we will be parking on that side road like I was told by the lady......Rich

It's taken us several months to get a hotel with a banquet facility and the track booked for the same weekend. I'm sure we can make this work and if necessary we can unhitch the trailers from the trucks. I would really appreciate it if people would refrain from calling the hotel for anything other than booking a room. The last thing we need is for the hotel staff to get spooked about the number of cars and trailers that are expected to be there, and start laying down a list of restrictions ahead of time. If you have questions about this hotel that can't be answered by a review of their website, please post it here and the Shootout planning committee will try to get it answered.

Much like modifying an SC, it's sometimes better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Thanks, David

PS: Rich, I know that you didn't call the hotel in refence to the Shootout, so no harm done by your questions to them about trailer parking.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone that arrives early could see about roping that section off for trucks/trailers only so
we have plenty of room?

Parking, who cares, there's an indoor pool.
But, I'll be there.

Most unique pool float wins a prize.

FWIW, I stayed at the venue hotel several weeks ago on a trip back from the mid-west. They were renovating at the time.

Surveying the parking lot in person left me with the impression that trailer parking will be difficult but possible.

I thought if the street side parking spaces of the lot are restricted from parking, there should be room to pull in and out of the diagonal double spots directly in front of the building.

Good news....thanks for looking at that for us

FWIW, I stayed at the venue hotel several weeks ago on a trip back from the mid-west. They were renovating at the time.

Surveying the parking lot in person left me with the impression that trailer parking will be difficult but possible.

I thought if the street side parking spaces of the lot are restricted from parking, there should be room to pull in and out of the diagonal double spots directly in front of the building.

Back