Tiny leak

JDC

Hey guys my rad has a tiny leak about 4 or 5 inches from the cap.It's on the top and a little on the side I can get to it with out taking it out of the car ,would it behove me to soder it or get it redone or replace it.I've never had any problems with it before.Thanks JDC

I would replace it, if you want to try and fix give it a shot. But when you are out and about and it leaks again you will know why.

You could try to solder it but it may be a job for the pros. My old radiator had a stress crack in the top tank which I repaired years ago by soldering a small patch over the crack. It held up over ten years until I replaced the radiator with an aluminum unit.

Personally I would replace the radiator like Flip suggests. I wouldn't run the risk of overheating the motor due to coolant loss. Others here on this site have had good success with the replacement radiators from Radiator Express.

Bryan

Thanks guys I think I fixed itfor now but I am going to replace it.Like always thanks agin for the help.Have a great day ,JDC

Back