Thread: 95 motor mounts

95 motor mounts

Ok, well, as usual with these cars it is never an un-rewarding endeavour to work on..

Since I had everything apart already on the drivers side the top half of that side is out no problems. The bottom half is going to be a different story, the one bolt that goes down into the subframe from the top has what looks like a speed nut on the back side of it. It is of course in that area right above the little elbow from the high pressure PS line that goes into top of the steering assymbly. That being said, it's where you can just about see it, no way of getting on that speed nut to hold it. No way to drill it, I can't reach it with my RotoZip to cut the head off... .. I am having so much fun here, if it was a little farther from the house I'd throw expensive diesel fuel on it and lite a match..

Seems the older I get the less patience I have with stuff, my younger days of Diesel Mechanicing comes out and the term BMFH comes to mind more often on smaller more delicate items..

Sun is up, I guess I'll see if the passenger side is more forgiving, which I doubt!!

RJ..

Would that happen to be an 18MM nut. I think that is the one that I cut a spare wench that I had off to about 5 in. long and jammed it in there to keep it from spinning. You might have to pull the PS pump bracket off / forward to get some room in there to work.

No it's the 13mm that goes down into the frame just under the little tourqe tab. The speedy nut has no size to it, and it's up under the bracket that covers the top of the steering rack where the lines go in. I finally ended up finding my RotoZip and a metal cut off wheel, nawed away at it till I got it down enough to knock the head off of it and the speedy nut fell out, I'll just stick a SS bolt and nut back up in there I guess. Finally got it off yesterday morning. I already had the whole drivers side of the motor off.

Bottom line, drivers side is done, now if I could figure out the easy way to get the passenger side out of there without dissassymbling the whole passenger side.. I've got the whole assymbly loose just need to turn it the right way.

Went over to Bryan and Glen's yesterday afternoon and talked for a little while with them, got my head back where it should be, not so ready to torch her now, patience isn't what it used to be when I was younger you know...

RJ

Patience, grasshopper! Like I told you, if the knock sensor shield won't come off, tweak it till you can get the mount out. I removed it on one car and had to "tweak" it on another.

Talking

I'm done, she's running again!! I love having my baby running again!!! I've looked this house over for my music CDs since we moved in!! I found them too, in the changer in the trunk!!

Happy days!! Now to get the five speed parts together and get this puppy to not slip in 4th will be a good thing!!

She started right up, no leaks so far, gonna wash her up and take her to work tomorrow..., Ye-ha!!

Thanks guys for all the support!!

RJ

Another SC moves from the the carport to the open road.

Ok, well it didn't get there this morning but tomorrow for sure, ended up with an early meeting and didn't want to haul to the 6-story with no tag, no way to make the tag agency before the meeting..

But tomorrow now, all the stuff from my truck is now in the bird and tag is on insurance is done, we be driving now!!

RJ

Throw some trans medic in it and see it it stops the slipping for a while