Feeler - Project 4 sale - Fresh engine, Fresh trans, 88 Mustang

Cox Abele

hey guys, I know its probibly taboo to not have a huge post count and throw things in the for sale section, but I've ran into some hard times and am considering the sale of one of my projects.

I've been a lurker on here posting up the occasional tech question when I couldn't find my answer using the search function, but I've probibly been on here for 6 months or more. IDK.

Anyhow, I'm considering the sale of an entire project of mine. I don't know what to ask, so some of this is OBO, but I may try to put it all together and sell it as a whole.

I have nearly all of the items necessary to swap a 91 SC engine into a fox body. Engine, AOD trans, wiring harness, eec, blower (stock 91), brackets... the works. I also have an 88 LX hatchback ex 5.0 that would have been the recipient. I have plenty of parts for this swap and am very near ready to drop the parts into the car, but need to complete assembling the engine.

Here's the skinny:

Engine: 91 3.8L SC block, garage honed, freshened up. New mains, rods, rings, timing set, tensioner, heads (stock unported, stamped SC). Basically as it sits on the stand it is a long block with the blower and remaining parts included. Everything on the engine has been cleaned and painted, but I haven't gotten around to cleaning up the blower or acc brackets. It has a set of 99+ v6 headers that should clear the fox firewall just fine. The engine is basically rebuilt rotating assembly wise, just needs to have the accessories and supercharge bolted on. Any and all parts that were touching the engine minus coolant hoses were spared. I also have the stock SC radiator, brackets, pullies, alternator, starter, flywheel.... all of it. This also includes the wiring from the EEC to all sensors. The sensors are also included, ICM, coil, all of it. You will however need to replace the cranks sensor...that was killed by an old balancer.

AOD Transmission: When I bought the car, it was advertised as having a fresh transmission rebuild. After seperating the trans from the engine, I found that it was too clean to be miss-represented. Trans fluid was fresh, the front pump housing was spottlessly clean and the seal was brand spankin new. I can only assume it has been serviced, but can not make any guerentees. I do have a factory torque converter for it, but in the purchasing of the 88LX I also recieved a 3k stall that will fit the AOD to make one interesting car.

The 88LX: This car was purchased with the intention of installing the SC engine and AOD trans for a relatively easy install. It has plenty of parts on it already. Cervinis stormin normin hood and underhood duct work, sub frame connectors, 8 pt roll cage, 1 piece head lamps, pro-car racing seats, harnesses. It was a 5 spd car, but can easily be converted to run the aod, or if interested a t5. I was told the car has 4.10s but have not checked yet. It will come with a steel drive shaft, and I have a set of aftermarket controll arms ready to install along with some lakewood 50/50 shocks. This project will be a tire fryer with the gearing, trans setup, suspension and SC boost! The body is not perfect, but with some TLC and paint it could be. There is NO rust on it other than on some of the welds for the cage and where the sub frames were welded in, but you'll have that with almost all welding jobs. IIRC, the title shows 114k.

I have not decided to sell this project off yet, but am faced with unemployment, possible relocation and a few other hurdles in my life right now. I'd hate to see it go, but if it goes as a whole and someone finishes it, I would be thrilled. obviously pictures would be benificial, and I will get them if anyone is interested. For everything together, I would like to see $1,700 but haven't really gauged what market value is for all parts included. To top it off, I also have a NOS kit for it, both wet and dry, that I'd be willing to include for additional cash. Trades are not considered, and parting out is not an option at this point. It either all needs to go, or nothing at all.

oh, sorry about that. All of the parts are located in Toledo OH, ~45 minutes south on 75 from Detroit.

The pictures of the car aren't very good, you can't really see much. Mostly I've only taken pictures of specific things so I can reference them later when not around the car (its in storage). I'll try to get some shots of it here shortly.

CIMG0032.JPG

CIMG0034.JPG

CIMG0038.JPG

CIMG0039.JPG

I'm interested in the Car but probably don't really want the engine or trans...I have a 460 future project that I would like to drop in a fox body and that car sounds pretty good because it's already somewhat set up for high hp...If you are at all interested in selling just the body let me know...Thanks...Oh yea, I'm in Wooster, OH and have a truck/access to a tow dollie so I could come get the car...

sounds good, I'll send you a PM.

At this point I don't want to seperate the stuff because I can't be left with parts. However, if anyone is interested in the engine and trans and I can be rid of it all through two or three different avenues, than I will seperate.

bump...

If I decide to part this out, the engine and trans will probibly go for $700 obo, the chasis I'd like to see $700-1k for. The engine will have everything included with it, all wiring sensors, blower, IC, fan, rad.

Back