GOING TO BUY A SC WHAT TO LOOK FOR?

C

CarAudioRules

GOING TO BUY A SC WHAT TO LOOK FOR?

As the title says, im going to look for a SC what questions should I ask or what should I look for?

Re: GOING TO BUY A SC WHAT TO LOOK FOR?

Well since you are in Victoria, try the SCCOWC board if you're buying one

Yes but I can go to vancouver... :) whats the website for that board?

BUT WHAT ARE SOME BASIC SC SHOPPING RULES?

you already found it I see

yes...but im not asking for a sc to buy. Im asking what I should look for when SC shopping...all cars have their things...what should I ask what needs replacing after so and so kms etc?

First of all don't pull up to look at an SC with a import car. If you do the SC won't start. Second is Tell the SC you love domestic cars and would never drive a import.

everything else can be fixed so don't worry about it.

lol...thats not my 'ricer' dont worry about it im using my friends login i wanna kick his ricey ass :p lol. anyways I love FORDS like the stangs but there are too many stangs around and i like the luxuary look of the SC...

SO WHAT TO LOOK FOR? The head gaskets anything else?>

Honestly there isn't anything your going to see that won't be obvious. With an SC you have to test drive them and listen,feel and judge. These things are known for all kinds of problems EXP. Cam sensor, crank sensor, dis module,vacuum leaks, ETC ETC. These are problems that you could ask about but then your at the mercy of someone who is lying or may just have no clue what you just said.

Best thing to do is just test drive the SC and See how does it idles?Does it buck underboost? Any hesitation? These would be signs of trouble. Other than that you won't see or know anything is wrong. That is unless there are major problems.

used sc

Check door hinges they almost all sag. Check a/c and heater. Heater core requires dash removal. Make sure everything is in working order.

Back