March Ram Air Kits?

SteveSilverSC

Hey everybody,

I was just looking at my trusty Summit catalog and I noticed the March Ram Air kit that they have for 5.0 mustangs. I also noticed that the SCP Fresh-Air Intake uses a March Ram Air box in it's design. I was wonddering if there was any way the rest of the Ram Air kit would fit. Would it be beneficial at all? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Steve

Not ACTUALLY "Ram Air"

"Ram Air" is actually a misnomer since you can't "ram" anything past the supercharger. "Cool Air Intake" is more correct. I've seen several methods of ducting cool air to the filter. I seriously doubt that the air in front of the moving car, is any cooler than the air at the air box opening. I don't believe anybody has ever documented a hp/TQ gain by using a pre-filter air tube. I'd like to hear from anybody who has proved an increase using a pre-filter air tube.

68COUGAR

steve,...the march box from summit would not fit directly, u would have to cut the fender well...i brought one couple years ago and had to widen the hole in the fender well . that kit bolts to a mustang. I just changed to a mac intake and i love it, the car breaths better than the march box..i recommend it...

March Ram Air

Hey, Steve. As I live near Summit, I bought one a couple of years ago and modified it to fit the SC. I had sheet metal ducts made to adapt the car to the unit so it could be installed without cutting the car's sheetmetal. It even uses the oiginal factory airbox holes. I have since changed over to the ZR Motorsport unit. If you are interested in the Modified March system to save a few $ and some headaches, let me know. I don't know why I saved it, but maybe you can benefit from an SC packrat.

SC :D

Back