Brass Blockers and Syncros

1BADSC

I just got my new tranny in today and man is it stiff. Not sure if it is just becasue everything is new or becasue of the brass. It shifts nice and firm but it is just overall very stiff. ANy comments on this. Let me know.

You Bet Your BRASS!

Yep, my tranny was Extremely tight after I put the brass blockers in. The tightness will diminish as you break them in. After 1000 mi. it'll shift nearly the same as the rag blockers did.

68COUGAR

Has anyone expearimented with different tranny fluids and found pleasing results? was thinking about putting redline, or royal purple in or something. Any advice?

I have brass blockers too....trust me though, DONT shift too fast with those things! They have a tendancy to rip to shreds and grind after only a few quick shifts.

I chewed up a set of brass blockers by speed shifting. If you're going to race the fiber type are better. I used Mobil 1, 5W-30 with them and the Tremec rep at the dragstrip said he thought it was a good fluid for manual trannies. Honda/Acura has an excellent manual transmission fluid, too, as is GM's Syncromesh but it's expensive. With the fiber blockers I'm running Valvoline synthetic blend Mercon III/V ATF. Mainly because that's what PEP Boys had in stock when I bought it. I don't know how the fiber blockers stand up to other fluids so I'm sticking with the Mercon ATF.

I use GM Synchromesh. Never any problems.....I think its time to change it though. (not brand, just fluid)

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. My tranny guy said that the stock tranny does not have a very good oil flow, and that they bored out some patways inside to allow for better oiling. Not sure what they do but we will see if it works.

Back