BIG Prob...I'm confused!! please read!

Bigme574

I have been having idle problems where my car idles low then shuts off...So i replaced the IAC and now my car idels at 3000!!! regardless of throttle or gear selection. So what the hell is wrong..did i just waste $55 on a new IAC for nothing. PLease help me figure out what to do...this is my commuting car and i need it working! thanks a lot.

Aaron

Before spending any more money, check your TPS. See "TPS, calibration particular" just recently posted. Good luck.

Technically speaking, that aftermarket IAC is probably a working IAC if it could be installed 180 degrees reversed from the original IAC. But the problem is its no good for the SC because that brain damaged concept is further thwarted by the existance of an oil filler tube (give us a big DOH there Borg Warner Inc.)

My point is, taking it back and swapping for the same thing will produce the same results. Get the motorcraft OEM part from a Ford supplier, or check out Advanced or Carquest. Pep boys, Azone, and Napa all carry the same stupid Borg-Dorker part which will not work as it can't be made to fit.

What TBirdSCFan said. The type you bought will work for N/A engines as they can be reversed. I have a friend with one working on his 92 COugar LS. Buy the OEM Ford unit . If price is a concern order over the internet through www.fordpartsnetwork.com

Newbie question: What's an IAC?

--Standing ready to kick myself--

Last edited:
Back