rear bumper, autobody guys in here

tim-g

Ok so i am repainting my sc and i am fixing the rear bumper and like most sc the clips are broken. Whats the best way of fixing the clips i have some quick urethane with not so great success, let me know wahts worked for some of you guys.

Get with Ed (the big E) Ive seen a few of his after the fact, and he explained to me how to do it, but its been awhile so it would be better to come from him.
From what I saw it was a good job and with no outside evidence either.

S

Thin strips of aluminum bent at an angle and epoxied behind the clips worked for me. You can't see them unless you really look for them. Especially if you paint the aluminum strips the same color.

Last edited:
Could you post some pics of the problem area? I could give you some direction if I could see your exact problem. There are some great products out there, but correct procedures are a must.

benny

High quality duct tape... of course. I don't know just how long it would hold up, but if you get the surfaces clean enough and the tape has a quality adhesive with a sufficiently large contact patch, it should last for a long time. If you want the good stuff... try the aluminum foil duct tape. :cool:

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the urethane used on the bumper can be plastic welded. There is a 3M structural adhesive for it and probably some 2-part epoxies that would also work.

no tape lol, i think i might try plastic welding next i hope it works:eek:
:D :D Awww come on.. You should see my handy work in how I repaired a section of front bumper cover on my red car using sheet vinyl and yes.... duct tape :D :D Not exactly show quality work, but from 20' away, its not too bad. Its just temporary however until I replace it with a newer one and have the car painted.

Back