White '95...

Workin' :) I need to go ahead and notch the bumper and get it on, then we'll know where to run the tips to. Maybe one of these days I'll have time!

-Joel

Okay, to those that are asking:

I will probly be getting rid of my Thunderbird. I am thinking about trying to go back to building/remodeling houses again, especially since wife is working full time nurse job now. That brings back the need for a good sturdy truck, and my current one's condition won't hold up to another jobsite for long. Also, I'll need as much cash up front for savings till my next house sells, so freeing up the money in the Bird is probly best. That being said, I'll probly be selling quite a bit off of it, then giving it the boot to someone else, along with my truck. Then I'll be financing a new truck for the business, and all my driving will be in it. Going to see how finances play out this summer/fall/winter before I know for sure what I'm doing, but this is the plan.

PM me if you're interested in any parts off my car, I'll let you know if it's going or not.

-Joel

Was having some bored time today... so I did some paint-shopping (photo-shop with no skills). Here are some pictures of the car with different wheel setups I had considered. Would have had them all done in white. We have...

1. Saleen 7 spoke 20's
2. Highline Challenge 19's
3. Mille Miglia 18's

SAL20.jpg

CHA19.jpg

MIG18.jpg

Which are your favorite? Ryan don't make fun of me for my mad graffiks skills.

-Joel

I like the 19's. The Saleen's are a close 2nd.

And not sure which picture you used, but in one, you've got 96/97 door handles. And in the other one - you've got a keypad entry pad on the passenger door :p

(just looked again - the 2nd pic appears to have been "flipped" there's no antenna on the fender :D)

-Melon

Anyone have experience installing car alarms? I wanna rip my old one out, and slap in a new nice one with more than a 3ft range and remote start.

-Joel

Bump for car alarm experience???

Thanks to teh Sinhumane for welding up my borlas (which wake up my wife :)) SC bumper is on and not melting.

Sideskirts will be procured soon.

-Joel

Auto downs installed today. Finishing mark 8 visors tomorrow. I'll find something to do on wednesday. :)

Also, found a super cheap '05 Stang GT for a daily driver. Might be going to pick it up this weekend if it checks out at the stealership (warranty). Finally the Bird can rest from the rigors of fo tree fi.

-Joel

Sure you don't want some B head and Spray??

Check out this local guy. He's taking down some serious cars....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyXAxd1mIEU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyXAxd1mIEU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And here's what he's upgrading to :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjNnZQFPI28&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjNnZQFPI28&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You know that guy with the MARK? BTW, what is a Nano? Does it help him with his song selection?

SWS

Yep, I got my PI intake from him. He's a cool mofo. His GF (or wife now maybe) is cool too. Dude knows his stuff.

NANO is a local company that makes kits to inject nitrogen into the Nitrous bottle to keep bottle pressure consistant.

His stuff forged or not. I assume its not since its only 135 shot. Is what he is building a different block and all?

SWS

Back on topic...

Auto downs installed today. Finishing mark 8 visors tomorrow. I'll find something to do on wednesday. :)

Also, found a super cheap '05 Stang GT for a daily driver. Might be going to pick it up this weekend if it checks out at the stealership (warranty). Finally the Bird can rest from the rigors of fo tree fi.

-Joel

Finished up both visors today. The LSC visor I had was bent from being old, but I wanted the double visor feature. I took my lx visors, installed homelink in drivers side (just a cutout), swapped them onto the LSC dual visor rail, and then recovered both and installed in my birdie. Now I have both visors in, that match my headliner, and my wife will stop being blinded.

Mustang fell through. Guy lied to me about original trans being in the car, when he was the one that swapped it out for a wrecked car's one. I don't have any intention of spending $15+k on a liars words. The search for a DD continues I guess.:rolleyes:

Still can't decide on wheels either. I love the Saleen 7 spokes, the price is right, the specs are dead on... but I just think 20's are too big. I wish I could get my fondmetals in 18x9 and 18x10. I just don't think the kind of power I want will do well with a 255 on an 8" wheel. I am about convinced to do a C headed dohc, with a vortech SQ, and a T-56 with 3.55's. Time shall tell.

-Joel

Back