White '95...

Thunder95

Okay, I am gearing up on the new car, so I figured I'd post up. Please keep the spam to NOTHING. If it isn't related to this car or the current work being done to it, then I don't want to hear it. There are plenty other of those kinds of threads.

I am starting out with electronics. Yesterday I swapped out computers from the old car. The new car has had a shifting problem, since I bought it. The JET chip installed by the previous owner wasn't very nice to it, and somewhat burnt some things into it. This resulted in first gear being about half what it should be. The engine could be at WOT, and before the 1-2 shift, it would feel like I was barely in the throttle. Swapped out the computer and she drives quicker than ever. The previous wiring job/crossovers didn't make things any easier though...

Mb Quart Crossovers, best sound quality I have ever heard. Just need some bass now!
DSC02097.jpg

(Removed by Admin)

After all those shenanagins were done, I installed a Pioneer DEH-P6000IB with USB ipod control. It's pretty sweet, lots of blue, lots of features... haven't played with it much though. I dinged the faceplate too! :( Anyway, it went in to control the MB Quarts, which are currently being powered by my Soundstream Edge 4620. I have my other soundstream amp which is going in, as well as 2 pioneer 12's. The wiring kit didnt come for both, so it looks like I will be doing that next weekend.

DSC02101.jpg

To hold the Ipod and all my other crap in place... I am going to fiberglass a custom 97 console with an ipod and phone dock.
CC.jpg

Also, working on blue lighting for all interior lights, currently messing with the SATC. Blue LED's coming for the old SC cluster, EL paper for the SATC, and then LED's for window switches. When that and the sound system is finished, then I'll be doing the interior.

-Joel

Last edited:
Glad to see you have coolant in this one at least :D

DSC02101.jpg

The head unit looks good. Are you going to do anything to the phone base to make it universal? or is it just like a storage space for it?

It will probly just be a slightly oversized cubby hole, as my charger mounts on the side, with a flap covering. Just something nice to stand it up in order to see when people call. The Ipod dock however will be a direct connection type piece. When you place it there, it will connect with the head unit.

-Joel

Yes because that would have to suck to break Joel's ankle so we could trade cars for a few months....DONT TEMPT ME:D:D:D

Chris

Joel, whats the word on the 1st gear?

If its bad still, tonight might be a good night to stop by on your way home.

I was going to go dirtbiking today but I had an "Accident" yesterday lol.

Lowered the collar on my front forks to lower the center of gravity, and adjusted the bars lower. Wasn't used to the new setup, goosed it, drifted in an arc for about 10 feet while throwing a roostertail of grass. Tried to correct for the sweep, but I had too much attitude. The tires then bit while still sideways, tipped the bike, and launched me into a barrel roll. I ended up landing on my phone. I have a very interesting bruise on my inner thigh.

1st gear is still no me gusta. Seems once the computer settled down it did the same thing. I posted on TCCoA, we'll see what that turns up as well. What time do you get home?

-Joel

EL Lighting

Joel,

Here are a couple of pic's of a red EL Lighting sheet like the ones I told you about. I couldn't find my experimental tail light. The first is the sheet unpowered and the second is when it is powered.

Attachments

• PICT2615.JPG
    PICT2615.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 202
  • PICT2616.JPG
    PICT2616.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 191
How much of that do you have? And how much do you want for it? :) I have some ideas for Ryan's Coug. Stuff looks good, can't wait to try mine out!

Amp kit is here, subwoofers go in this weekend. Gonna try and get the 97 hood on as well, and maybe some other little stuff done too. I'll be heading to pick n pull 1st thing saturday, just need to remember to set my alarm.:( Ryan you game?

-Joel

Amp kit is here, subwoofers go in this weekend. Gonna try and get the 97 hood on as well, and maybe some other little stuff done too. I'll be heading to pick n pull 1st thing saturday, just need to remember to set my alarm.:( Ryan you game?

-Joel

I'll get back with you later on in the day on that. Don't know if I'll be up to walking quite yet.

I'll be heading to pick n pull 1st thing saturday, just need to remember to set my alarm. Ryan you game?

I refer to it as little Mexico.
I went there last Sun. Didn't find what I needed.

I see you feel the way I do. I always hope there are not any parts missing from my car when I come out.

LOL

I meant set my alarm clock... I was supposed to go with Ryan last weekend but left my phone on silent and no-showed on him. :(

Ryan why can't you walk?!

Also, might be picking up a mustang fiberglass hood to start my final hood project with. :)

-Joel

3/4 throttle in third gear attacking a jump. Give it the final 1/4 to compress the suspension for a better jump, and a rock comes loose kicking the back wheel to the side in the air. When the wheels hit the ground, it was 90* to the left of the direction I was moving.

faceplant straight on the ground. Tweaked my newly adjusted front suspension, broke my tripometer, hand guard, front headlight, and the plastic part that goes around.

Bike landed on one of my legs, and the rest of me did a belly flop on the ground. I should be hurting a lot more than I am.

How much of that do you have? And how much do you want for it? :) I have some ideas for Ryan's Coug. Stuff looks good, can't wait to try mine out! -Joel

I only have the one sheet of that and I need to keep it for my next project. Here is the link to Ebay where I bought the one in the picture. It is available in Red, White or Blue. The strip is 12" long by 1 1/4" wide and comes with the power supply.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-x1-25-electr...ryZ58018QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cool, I am buying a sheet right now for the HVAC controls, and some other stuff to be announced. :)

What are you doing with yours?

Ryan, stop trying to commit bike assisted suicide.

-Joel

What sub/subs are you going to use? I fried my POS Fosgate PS2 12" last month. Unfortunately I had a spare one:(

I'm eventually going to upgrade. What yet I don't know.

How much rms wattage are you pushing out?

I highly recommend, and use, dual voice coil 12" Pioneers. I'm hooking mine up this weekend, I'll be sure to let you have a listen at the next meet. Amazing sound quality and WAY more thump than you could ever want. Boom Box:

2047643_21_full.jpg

-Joel

Last edited:
I'm running a Kicker KX300 that is putting out 337w RMS. The sub is rated 300w RMS.

What I listen to most of the time does not have a lot of base. This particular time I was pushing it quite a bit (Beastie Boys:D)

I think it was a combo of being pushed/and sub being bad. MY HU has sub control and it was almost maxed out.

Back