White '95...

UPDATE ON JOEL'S CAR!

Got a datalog of Joel's issue....

Here's what I've learned...
-It thinks it has 26 gears
-There is a grounding issue causing a voltage drop randomly
-The transmission commands fractions of gears....
-After it has called for gears 1.1-->2.0, EPC Spikes to 60
-Then the transmission slips at 2200rpms slower than the motor
-EPC Rises again to roughly 64 as the shift to 2nd completes
-Also, it thinks it has a knock sensor and pulls timing

Rable Rable! I'm done with this car. Next.

5743_3.jpg

-Joel

Saturday project FTW. Decided to throw in the sc speedo, EL gauge faces, and new ultra blue needles. Took most of the day but no casualties. The led needles are wired to the ignition, so they are always on to match the cd player, and contrast the white gauges during the day. The faces come on with parking lights. All I have left is to convert the satc, clock, and switches... and she's all blue. Enjoy the pics.

-Joel

PS-Ryan, I have a set of reds left over to do one for you if you likey.

Yesterday fixed some errant needles, added blue LEDs to the turn signals, and the cluster is complete. Everything seems to be looking and working fine. Also added a blue clock to the mix, stole the blue tinted lens from a taurus, perfect switch. Anyone know of a Ford with a similar SATC digital readout to ours? Maybe hit PnP this weekend.

Weekend gearing up...

LEDs I need to order for the SATC are out of stock at the moment, so I will probly be taking a swing at the window switches. Going to do blue of course. Need to pay radio shack a visit. Going to change the window, lock, defrost, and foglight switches. Might try and get my neons in there as well.

Anyone else up to no good this weekend?

-Joel

rofl.. they look good man. i'm jealous now. might have to have you do my cluster for me... so i dont nuke mine... again....:eek:

I'd be excited to try an RGB cluster for someone that would like the color changing effect. With enough time, you could do some really cool stuff with those and the interior lighting. We'll see how mine finishes off and you can all judge at the next meet... btw, any plans?

-Joel

i'll set up the rgb circuit, and pots to dial in the custom color... but you can install them for me... lol. :)

That would be better probly, the other way cycles through them, would possibly take forever to get what you wanted.

With the rgb's, I could do the cluster, satc, footwells, possibly switches and door sills in color change. Would be like the new mustangs, pretty sweet! :)

-Joel

The ones I did for mine are about 2x brighter than stock. Not annoying or anything, but enough to see them during the day.

I can do just slightly brighter than stock as well. I just found some that brightness today.

I am doing a set for Ryan in red... can do a few other colors too.

The stock wiring has them on with ignition. You turn the key to on, and they are on, always.

-Joel

Update on the ghost. The invisible problems all trickled down to two little wires. My MAF looked like an oreo cookie exploded in the sampling tube. The previous owner had a K&N filer, and all the oil went up to the MAF and got stuck on the wires. Dust collected on that and after a while, it was much covered. After windex and q-tipping it all away, I slapped it back in there and she runs like a DREAM. Ryan and I reset the comp, cleared all the codes, new airfliter, and did new plugs and old motorcraft (15k miles) wires from rusty. All I can say is wow. Imagine gaining 60 horsepower and a new functional transmission. I can't believe that just a few simple things could do all that. Everything is fixed, trans feels great, engine is smooth as silk. I don't even want another car anymore... so let the modding begin! This will be a good summer. When does the track open?!

-Joel

SWS, I want your 3.55's. I will trade you a home made bacon double cheeseburger, 6 pack of MGD, and a signed nude picture of Ryan... and cash money... Interested?

Go fast plans for this summer include: driveshaft, gears, exhaust, probly some trans work, and maybe a supacharga.

-Joel

Back