White '95...

There is a nice looking pearl WHITE 96 V8 bird for sale at a lot in Joplin MO... I can get more information if anyone is interested. Blue interior. price on the window 2995

I mention it here cause someone was looking for a daily driver.

B HEAD DAMMIT!!!

Width matters little in a launch. Only in cornering. Its friction VS a reduction in torque per seccond applied to the contact patch...

Remember more surface area devides the pressure...

Joel, can we make some monstrosity like this to put in your car???

Please??? I wanna see TMIC's stickin outta the hood!!!

Bobcat-Ford-CAD-2.jpg

I see you too have found Ford's new test engine, code named bobcat! Supposed to be a high compression turbocharged ethanol injected beast. The guys on the Mustang forum were saying it could be a GT500 engine down the road sometime, but from what I read it will mostly be a truck application. Sounds like a beast though!

There is an 03-4 Mach 1 at my local stealership. Automatic too. I keep hoping a meteor will hit it, and I can buy it for salvage on the cheap. Would be a very good start to my future car endeavors!

-Joel

Ordered some SATC smd bulb led's today, see how those fly. Also picked up the same type of bulb in 194, for the cluster. I liked the super bright needles when the worked, but they were way too bright during night. These ones should keep the needles blue, and also be easier on the eyes at night. If these two things work out, then all my interior lighting is blue. Also got Ryan's red leds and resistors for his switches today. I'll show off all the final products next week when they're finished up.

On the way home...
SSPX0099.jpg

-Joel

Good news today, I will be purchasing a new old set of wheels. New old you say? Yes, new old. New to me, old as in I have had the style before. Here is what the new setup will be...

Hubswap...
18x8.5 Mille Miglia Spyders, painted WT to match the car.
5x114.3 Bolt pattern, +35mm offset
245-45 on the front, 275/40 on the rear, in Nitto 555's.
Cobra 13" brakes front, 11.65" rear, with Ed's brackets.

Should hopefully be finished up by the end of the summer, I won't be installing though until I have something else to drive to work, I don't think nittos would do well for my winter commute. Attached is a pic of the final product, paintshopped out.

-Joel

Attachments

• MIGS.JPG
    MIGS.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 56
Got some progress done on the car last night. I installed my blue LED cluster bulbs, and the needles turned out perfect. Blue, but they don't blind you or anything at night. Also threw some LEDs in the SATC, and did a temporary tinted window over the temp readout. One of the LEDs have issues... will get a replacement. Found a fix for the dimmer problem as well. All and all, needs some finessing, but was what I was shooting for. Will try and have pics up tonight. Ryan, your red window switches are on the docket next!

-Joel

Not much else done... finished up Ryans red window switches, and I think they look better than the blue ones! :)

Also got a replacement bulb for the SATC, and everything is working fine with no dimmer problems, and no weird fixes. Now just waiting to do plexi windows for the temp readout and clock.

Wheels ship friday, so I really need to get on the ball with the hubswap. I don't want to do anything until I have a daily driver lined up... which brings me to another front. I have an 06 GT I've been eyeing for quite a while now, and negotiations are grueling. He's dropping slowly but surely, and I think now it's down to the interest rate. Hopefully he succombs to my demands! It's black on black with very low miles, and has a certified 100k warranty, so I will only be working on one Ford car till 2012! Would be a sweet ride for work everyday... just want the Bird off the road!!!

-Joel

You need a pair of front hubs? I do not have the rears but the fronts are good ta go.

I am leaving shortly after I post this so you will have to call me if you need them.

SWS

How many miles on them? Any info on them? I am not in need of them right this second, but if they check out we should be good to go. I'd like to have this finished up in the next month or two.

-Joel

Good news today, I will be purchasing a new old set of wheels. New old you say? Yes, new old. New to me, old as in I have had the style before. Here is what the new setup will be...

Hubswap...
18x8.5 Mille Miglia Spyders, painted WT to match the car.
5x114.3 Bolt pattern, +35mm offset
245-45 on the front, 275/40 on the rear, in Nitto 555's.
Cobra 13" brakes front, 11.65" rear, with Ed's brackets.

Should hopefully be finished up by the end of the summer, I won't be installing though until I have something else to drive to work, I don't think nittos would do well for my winter commute. Attached is a pic of the final product, paintshopped out.

-Joel

My tracking numbers say the are in Lenexa, KS! I should be getting them tomorrow. Can't wait! :) Anyone game for a hubswap party? Will probly have this together and ready to go by the end of the month.

-Joel

Naw. Have no idea how many miles are on them. I got them from a wrecked one and I was gonna use them on mine, but the bs is wrong for the front wheels. If I had a set of rears I would kep them but no deal.

SWS

SWS, will be collecting hubswap parts soon, I will let you know when I start to get everything together. In the mean time, wife is making me cease and desist from any other automotive endeavors for a while... so we can make room for this:

8c68e5c54046387200510dc2a9319eea.jpg

Everything checks out well over the phone, price is agreed on and everything. Gonna let it settle with the wife and I for the week, check it out Saturday, and if all is well, bring her home.

-Joel

Haha, my wife said the same thing! I honestly don't know! I have looked at everything but white ones, with the intention of getting a black one. This one pops up, everything fits the bill, guess I gotta move on it! The same car is for sale in Emporia, in black, for $2k more... and color isn't worth that much to me. We'll see how this guy pans out this weekend.

-Joel

Back