White '95...

Thanks for calling while you were in town.... again :p

Looks good :) Just don't forget about the 'Bird now.

-Melon

Sorry man, the wife had a serious situation come up with one of her friends, so we ended up high tailing it back home. Don't feel neglected, she ended up leaving me high and dry 45 minutes away with her friend, and I had no key inside!

We'll definitely be coming back up to Omaha soon though, we had a great time friday night at the hotel/restaurant and want to do the zoo/aquarium next time for sure. have you ever been to the Chop House? GOOD steak!

-Joel

If #3 was not on the way, I would have sold two to pick up an 08 or 9 (not sure what the year was) Bullitt. But...now I have picked up good stuff for the white car.

SWS

If #3 was not on the way, I would have sold two to pick up an 08 or 9 (not sure what the year was) Bullitt. But...now I have picked up good stuff for the white car.

SWS

There is an 08-9 Bullitt up there where I bought mine, and she's a beaut! They are nice cars for sure, but I knew it wasn't in the cards because I can only seem to line up white cars. :)

Looks good :) Just don't forget about the 'Bird now.

-Melon

Don't worry. I bought this car with the intention that I could build the Bird. She is officially retired from daily driving duties, so as soon as I can decide on a drive train I will be going forward with some supercharged fun. My dunlops came friday for the migs, and I will say the 275 beef looks LARGE. Can't wait to get the new shoes on.

-Joel

Last edited:
It's all good :) I'm just jerkin your chain.

Haven't eaten at the Chop House either. I may have to try that.

-Melon

It was a warm and muggy evening. My architect had given me some last minute work to do around 4:30, so I stayed due to the urgency. I finish up around 6 and go to drop it off, he's already left. Must not have been so urgent.

I walk out to my car, hit the keyless and start her up to hear the groan of the 300 horses. I may have smiled just a bit, unknowing the events that would strike upon me as I went home that night.

435 is the usual thunderdome, on the bannister onramp I get cutoff by a guy trying to get on the ramp before I go by. He gets passed in the other lane, and I merge onto the highway no problem. Again, more usual, slow cars in the far left lane and a couple imports or crotch rockets try to pass in the right, only to be blocked off, then surge up... blocked off, then surge up...

I am listening to a CD, cruising home and up finally to a clear spot devoid of traffic. Thats when I see it. My arch nemesis. This is the thing that gets me more than anything. The VERY slow car in the lane. We're not talking 60 in a 65... we're talking 45-65.

As I crawl up behind the 20-30 cars pinned behind it, I take a look at the other lanes. 2 semi's that seem to be welded together in the center and right lanes, and then 10 cars peppered behind them, with the main train behind mister no-go. I sit tight thinking he'll move, but after 2 tortured miles at 45mph, I decide I'll go the ricer route of surge and denial.

Whipping over to the far right lane, I switch back and forth till I am behind the offending semi. He is in the slow lane, as he should be, no harm, no foul. I need to get by this though, so I survey my options. Blue super duty agitated by center lane semi looks erratic, not tangling with him. Far left lane still blocked, and then a couple of lemming left laners fill in the center, so I am caught.

The glimmer of hope seemed like a trick, taking 2 repetitions before I realized my luck had changed. It was a turn signal. The semi in front of me was exiting @ 350. My right foot hit the gas pedal, anxious for the impending strip of hungered highway waiting for the snack of my pirellis. As he clears by, I give it all she's worth, and fly by him.

Like a NASCAR victory lap, I speed past all of the inferior cars, laughing at their dismay of still being caught behind Mr. Hyundai. It's a metro looking guy, jabbing on his cellphone, and playing with a gps... i give thought to doing the old quick brake check to get him to wake up, but decide he isn't worth any more of my time. I quicken my pace as to liberate my speed deprived foreminutes.

The challenger then appears. I thought nothing when passing him. A dark blue brand new super duty. A substantial beast to say the least, but his size and lack of power are it's downfall on the autobahn of KC. So I thought. As he falls in right behind me in the far left lane, I speed even more to give him some space, but he keeps gaining. I decide to let the intruder pass, not wanting to track any higher into the low 3 digit number I am now enjoying.

I click my signal up, and look to the side to see him scorch by me, turbocharger whistling at me teasing my timid pony for falling behind. I can't see him anymore though, a further scan shows he isn't around at all. Puzzled, I look in my rear view.

He is DIRECTLY behind me, centered up like a torpedo, ready to strike. He's so close, I'm not mad, but upset on how to relieve my car from the imminent danger of 4 tons of powerstroke up my new trunk. Before I can think another thought, it's Christmas again.

The blue and reds were like the semi's turn signal. I couldn't believe it at all. It took a few flashes to settle in, but I enjoyed the time, a very pretty compliment to the large pickup almost in tow. I am then crushed, an already bad day that has now sunk to the depths of what I can take. I pull over, turn the car off, roll down the windows, and put the keys on the dash.

It's an older man, probly in his prime from the era that my car was designed from. He steps up slowly in uniform. Having seen this picture numerous times before, I accept my fate. LARGE speeding ticket coming to this one. He stops at the rear of the car, checks out the temp tag, and then follows up the the window to converse.

Can I see your drivers license please?

*Hands him the DL*

So I betcha you know why I pulled you over, huh?

Yes sir, yes I do.

*Looks at DL, asking if I still live in Cameron, I reply no, Liberty.*

Thing is probly brand spankin new, huh?

Pretty much... I'm so sorry Sir.

Well, how's she run?

Puzzled, I answer: "Well, you saw, pretty well!"

He flashes a smile as I apologize again.

That's okay son, I was young once upon a time myself. Now be careful, you never know when you're passing a cop in a truck. He gives me another smile, and hands me back my license.

Now you have a good night.

Thank you Sir...oh thank you so much...

I set the cruise at 65 for the rest of the ride home. And I thank the Lord that people like that still exist in the world. He could have hung me out to dry... and all I got was a smile, with a tender warning, like a grandpa telling you softly when you've wronged in childhood.

-Joel

Last edited:
probably because that is the general habit of the kc population... go fast or get the hell out of the way! :eek:

Hey Joel - do you still have the LX taillights you took off your 95? Thoughts on what you were going to do with them? If you've considered selling, thought on price?

Thanks
-Melon

Hey Joel - do you still have the LX taillights you took off your 95? Thoughts on what you were going to do with them? If you've considered selling, thought on price?

Thanks
-Melon

Yep, still have them. They are absolutely perfect... leds work and everything. I had them for sale for $100 once upon a time... shoot me a PM.

-Joel

So last night, my alarm goes off around 10:30. I think nothing of it, as there are thunder storms around, so I grab my keys to shut it off. With no shoes on, I open my door, to see a grey Malibu up close and personal with the Bird. He sees me come out waving, and flips it around to take off. I run down to the Bird and see the rear quarter pushed in. Reminded of my wife's 2 similar incidents, there is no way I am picking up the tab for this one. I fling open Birdie's door and giver her the 180* turnaround treatment on wet pavement. I am a cruise missile, now intent on destroying a grey Malibu. In my rush to get the car in pursuit, I see he has turned down another dead end cul de sac. As I enter the road leading to it, I see him speeding my way, trying to exit before I pin him in. He goes up onto the sidewalk, trying to go around me, my horn wailing, headlights flashing. I push the car up the same amount, and he slams to a stop. I roll my 250lbs of pissed off out of the car. The following is edited for the time and rating allotted.

"GET OUT OF THE CAR RIGHT NOW!"

*Rolls down window* What man?

GET OUT OF THE CAR, I AM NOT MOVING AN INCH!

*Gets out of the car*

WHAT THE CRAP DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?! YOU HIT MY CAR!!!

I did?

YES YOU DID, MY CAR ALARM IS GOING OFF LIKE MAD, HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW YOU HIT IT?!?!?!

I'm sorry, I didn't know it.

*Points to the pushed in quarter* HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW YOU DID THIS!!! YOU KNOW WHAT, NOW THIS IS HAPPENING.

*Joel screams for wife to come with cellphone a block away, she returns with one and KCPD is summoned along for the ride. I'll keep my opinions of the officers that showed at bay, that's another big story in itself. Regardless, Birdie looks to be going to the body shop soon for the fix, on his insurance company. The even more sad part, is that she is only weeks away from the big build up, and garage storage for the rest of her life. :( Carnage to follow.

Attachments

• DSC02394.JPG
    DSC02394.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02395.JPG
    DSC02395.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02396.JPG
    DSC02396.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Sorry about the car Joel. I would expect some bondo on it to get fixed.

Travis

I think the SOP for this kind of damage is to pull as much of the dent as possible, and then fill the rest with bondo. I have also heard this kind of damage can total the car. :( Still so freaking pissed off about the whole situation. As soon as it gets fixed up again, she's going to the garage for good. I have even been keeping my eye out for another low mileage goodie, but it looks close to impossible.

The guy that did it called me today to say that he okayed my claim, so I am sure I will have an adjuster ready to check things out soon. I am going to get a bunch of estimates this week or next and am going to fight to make sure I get the required ammount. Man, I wish this was my Stang that got hit instead. :(

-Joel

Back