White '95...

Did they blend into the Bumper covers? It looks like they didnt by the pictures. Looks like the bmpr cover is a different shade then the quater, But its a picture so its probley just the angle

No they didn't blend the covers. They painted the rear cover, so the whole thing is new paint. They matched the paint perfectly, these guys mix some serious custom colors. It all transitions fine.

You interested in those Fondmetals? I'll do $400 with the other 2 old kumho tires I have. Need the cash by Saturday though, trying to leave on a trip!

-Joel

Scrapping my WA trip. We're going to do PODS storage and then I'll be going up in December to load it up and take care of some estate things. Thats a big load off my chest!

SWS has mad welding skills, and amazing agility around exhaust parts. Thanks again Chris, she is running and sounding much better, no codes as of yet! I am going to use a U clamp to stick that other header together. Other than that it will e a good winter beater for a while.

-Joel

I would not call what I did for that mad skills. The fact that I was unalbe to get the welding gun into the tight spots and had to use the wire to make it work made it look like poo. But it sealed and that was the goal.

SWS

You did much better than I would have! As far as I am concerned, under the circumstances, it's beautiful. Thanks again! You gonna be able to make it to the dinner meet?

-Joel

Ya know...Jesus...the son of God. The statue that was in your hood.

SWS

Haha, I know Jesus... It was owned by some dude that owns the subdivision. He had it there as a remider to people on I-35 as a temp thing, then moved it to a different location. I kinda miss it! :D

-Joel

Joel - just in case you missed my txt, are you still planning a blower for your 95? If so, what kind? SVO blower for NPI setup is for sale over on TCCoA.

-Melon

Thanks for the heads up, but my plans will probly differ from an SVO. I still have no idea what I want to do with the car, but most likely a 4v will find it's way in there. In the mean time, she just... sits. :confused: My interest in this car has faded since Mustang. :(

-Joel

My interest in this car has faded since Mustang. :(

No offense, but somehow I saw that coming. Mustang is newer, probably quicker, and has more of an aftermarket compared to the 'Bird. I know the feeling though - I'm in a slump with my 'Bird as well.

-Melon

No offense taken. I am extremely busy, so I don't really have time to work on it, or drive it. If you have a weekend car, but no time on the weekends... it complicates things. :)

-Joel

No offense taken. I am extremely busy, so I don't really have time to work on it, or drive it. If you have a weekend car, but no time on the weekends... it complicates things. :)

-Joel

Good point - probably part of the reason why mine has sat as much as it has. That, and when you put in 3 or 4 people, the 'Bird tends to rub in the back going over some bumps in the road which is annoying.

-Melon

Good point - probably part of the reason why mine has sat as much as it has. That, and when you put in 3 or 4 people, the 'Bird tends to rub in the back going over some bumps in the road which is annoying.

-Melon

Very true, it seems like I am always going somewhere with friends or family, and the Mustang doesn't cut it. I have been looking at 05-07 F-150 supercrews lately. Thinking about picking one up for winter duty and a people/boat hauler. I want to go back to building soon too, which would make this a lot easier: Mustang gets replaced with a truck, and the Bird is my car when rarely needed.

-Joel

Very true, it seems like I am always going somewhere with friends or family, and the Mustang doesn't cut it. I have been looking at 05-07 F-150 supercrews lately. Thinking about picking one up for winter duty and a people/boat hauler. I want to go back to building soon too, which would make this a lot easier: Mustang gets replaced with a truck, and the Bird is my car when rarely needed.

-Joel

That's what I do with mine - the S-crew is the daily driver and the 'Bird is the cruiser/toy.

-Melon

So I go to start the Bird yesterday. Open the door and no lights or switches work. Key in ignition, nothing. What the crap? It was fine last Thursday! So I think I left my lights on or the trunk open or something... nope all is well. Whatever, I'll deal with it later. Go upstairs.

Later that night...

Wife - Did you say the Bird was dead?
Me - Yeah it's battery has got nothing, completely dead.
Wife - Well I was in there getting some stuff last weekend, and when I shut the door the alarm started beeping and wouldn't stop.
Me - Okay what did you do?
Wife - Nothing, I just left it alone... sorry, I forgot to tell you.
Me - It's okay, you can push it out of the garage later.

So who knows if the alarm has disabled start, or if it killed the battery somehow? I'll figure it out next week. Big project will be done at work and then I'll be digging into the interior to make it all black!

-Joel

Back