White '95...

you got a link to where i can get one. i like this.

Clicky

Seems to be a little dim during the daylight... I might try and make a small fin for it to give some shade to light up brighter.

Progress:
-Powerwashed the MK8 carpet last night, so fresh and so clean clean!
-Ground down the SC seat mounting points. They were rusted and left stains on the carpet. Shot them with flat black rustoleum.
-Bought headliner glue, and seat cleaner. Will clean seats tonight.

Anti-Progress
-Painted all the plastic pieces, but they FUBAR'd big time cause of the humidity. Still have't figured out what to do, but probly going to toss them and hit PnP for some new pieces. Then wait till winter to do all black, when there is no humidity.
-Headliner material... can't decide what fabric to get. Lets take a vote:
-black vinyl to match seats
-black suede (doesn't match, but is cool)
-black plain headliner material
I am leaning to black vinyl, I think that would be really cool. Suede just doesn't fit will with the tweed IMO. Plain black = boring. :)

This week, I hope to have the headliner, carpet, and seats all cleaned and put in the car. Still need to modify the drivers track to go back 2" farther. The entire interior is in shambles. Still lots to do.

-Joel

Progress:

-Seat extension mod done to both front seats.
-Carpet dried and clean
-Headliner out
-Mk8 visors out & dismantled for recovering

Anti-Progress:

-Headliner is fubared. Tried to clean all the old material off and it was harder than anticipated. Will be starting fresh with PnP one. :( Just going to do black headliner material, no more jackin around.

Tonight I should be getting the carpet in, getting the seats in, and putting the console back in. PnP for headliner and trim, goal is to be finished by saturday.

-Joel

I'm going to try my best... I might have to do some stuff up in Cameron on saturday as well though. Will know my final plans tomorrow for sure. :eek:

-Joel

aceinaction.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallrighty then!

Ok, figured out what I am doing for the weekend...

Friday, working AM and then getting off early. Making a parts run in the afternoon, maybe getting my headliner material together too. Work till the wee hours of the morning with my good friend Sam Adams
3s-summer-ale.jpg

Saturday, up early and to PnP again, if I need anything else/screwed up stuff from the night before. HOPEFULLY get the car back together enough to drive. I should be able to get the interior finished. Cross fingers. Then wash/wax if there is time. Then, head out for the big she-bang in Leavenworth.

Sunday, Church and relaxing like every sunday. :)

Monday, to cameron ALL day. Sick of that house taking my weekends, so I will let it take work. Taking monday off and going up there to hopefully finish all the crap going on up there. Then, free weekends for me, woo hoo!

Tuesday, back to office space.

Now, as for last night:

Progress:
-Jute padding is layed down
-Residential carpet is laid down (sound buffer and to act as more jute)

Anti-Progress
-None... didn't screw anything up yesterday! :D

-Joel

Last edited:
Sounds good Joel..

And while you may be going to Lenexa, the rest of us will be in Leavenworth :p

-Melon

Alright, gearing up for the long haul. Leaving work early for a junkyard run, and then working on my bird till I pass out sometime tomorrow morning.

Progress:
-Mark 8 carpet in and fitted
-Console and alarm wiring re-installed

Today:
-Redo headliner and let cure
-Redo visors
-Redo A pillars
-Install black rear deck
-Clean and install seats
-Install lower trim panels

Tomorrow:
-Install headliner
-Install visors
-Install A pillars
-Install sail panels
-Full detail/wash/wax
-Set land speed record to Leavenworth and test new shocks

-Joel

-Set land speed record to Leavenworth and try and keep up with the ZX2

Your mom called, said she wants her car back!:eek:

Sunglasses are from Casey's General Store, only found them in the Cameron one though. I'll try and remember to pick you up a set when I'm up on monday.

-Joel

Inside out.....

When you say your doing the interior, you really mean the whole thing!
Sounds like texture & color changes. Gonna be sweet!

Bring your wife to the party.

Thats kinda simple... and the amps wouldn't fit cause of your NOS and battery. We can do better than that! I will get some things together for you this week.

On the non pearlie low mi car...

Rear bumper cover gets here this week. Borlas should be in too. Trying to decide if I wan turndowns or tips... Need to find a paint shop to do my sideskirts and door handles, or just buy new ones. Then, V8 emblems and the exterior is done!

Interior needs rear sail panels, sill plates and kick panels, black rear deck swapped out, rear seat finished and installed, door panels done, dash panels done, HVAC and clock turned to blue, SC cluster installed, visors recovered and installed, and then, should be done...

So when this stuff is complete, all I will have left before the hopeful build in may is...
-Rear air bags
-Cobra (R) brake package
-Possible hubswap and 19's
-Find new DD... :D

-Joel

2 speeding tickets in 5 days.

Buying radar tomorrow.

-Joel

You need to learn how to read them before you speed. Your best bet is to get readings from other cars getting targeted & back off , just slow it down & listen to it for a while, spot the shooter & then you will have a good idea how to use it best. Once "you" get painted its over. Sam's club has a good 1 , I use it.

You need to learn how to read them before you speed. Your best bet is to get readings from other cars getting targeted & back off , just slow it down & listen to it for a while, spot the shooter & then you will have a good idea how to use it best. Once "you" get painted its over. Sam's club has a good 1 , I use it.

Look for drivers hitting their brakes in front of you... Drive stealth mode... Stay between cars until you have to get in another lane to pass them... Always signal and move in slow motions...

Back