What exactly is the SCCoO chapter forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And personally, I don't have the time to wade through the BS. Some guys get off on that and more power to you but maybe that should be segregated off somewhere else.".

Did I not read your original post correctly? You are openly saying that you think the board consists of BS, and that you would rather not deal with it. Also, you are suggesting that people who post in a manner unlike the way you prefer (non-bs), that they should be "segregated off somewhere else". Both the above statements are NOT questions, they are statements in which you express your dislike for the type of content the board now consist of. "Sometimes a question is just a question". Again, both the above lines within your post were statments, not questions.

I specifically remember your post regarding your injectors, and you received both advice and offers of help from members. The reason you recieved this is because of the amount of people who read the board, and the group of people who post here. I have had no problem with you in person either, Mike, and I even offered my advice at the BBQ as to what I thought your latest problem was, and I still genuinely hope you get it figured out. I never critisized you as a person, only your words and actions were mentioned in my responses. You're right, I don't know you, I can only go on what you have posted, which I took personal offence to. I feel I have played a role in bringing the board to life, and by you critisizing it, I felt the need to defend its current state.

My intent in responding was not to draw a line between members, or create a permanent problem. You giving your opinion turned into me responding to it, which is what happends with threads on a forum. I may look the bad guy here because I spoke my mind and didn't sugar coat anything, but the way I feel is the way I feel. I never said you didn't help others, give advice etc, my problem was with what you said about the BBS. You admitted that you mostly use PMs, email and the phone, so why bash the way things are on the board if you don't really use it? I meant what I said regarding you not contributing to what you are critisizing, and I really don't think I was wrong in saying that. The truth is the truth.

Bill, you win.

It doesn't matter what I say, you counter it and I'm just too tired to go on. You win. I give up. I'll try not to annoy you with and further questions I may wish to post. Those of you who know me can feel free to continue to contact me anytime in any manner you wish.

Damn, this really flared up quite a debate.

Can't we just all agree we are here because we like supercoupes and leave it at that?

Guys, I think this is going too far. Clearly, you both feel quite strongly about this whole affair, and that's a right that each of you have. However, the insults continue to fly despite the fact that everyone else seems to be comfortable with the idea of being a little more careful about what we post and/or how we post it, and that's without it having been necessary for anyone to invoke new rules regarding the use of our chapter forum.

If you can't cool off enough to put this behind us all, then might I suggest that you at least take the discussion offline? I don't think any of us wants to see either of you shy away from this forum for any reason, but your arguments now seem to be getting personal. I'd like to think that I can refer to both of you as my friend, and I'd also like to think that you guys can sort this out between yourselves, so that you'll continue to be well acquainted.

I'd hate to think that the next time we have a large club event, like a BBQ or a Christmas dinner, we'll be segregated into cliques. Ultimately, we're all on the same side here, remember?!

Respectfully yours,

Sean

In an attempt to help keep down the clutter I will shrink my sig. Just trying to do my part. I forgot that not everyone has a P4 to blaze through things.

In answer to the original question (tech, non-tech?) - I always figured this was a place a 4.6 guy could go to get his "feathers ruffled" - LOL!!!!! Sorry, I just HAD to.

Andrew was that you at the meeting at Hooters last Wednesday if it was I think your 4.6 sounded pretty damn good pulling out of the parking lot
alot more agressive than a stock SC
sorry guys but I have to be honest
and I now own 2 SC'c LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back