S/C Engine in a Capri

Supercharged86

Hey guys I'm getting ready to put this engine in my Capri, but I'm getting alot of different answers from alot of different people saying it will work or no it's to much trouble(Google search's). Does anyone have any tips that might help me in this project? I have all the wiring diagrams for both cars, and I'm pretty good at doing wiring splitting, and really good with wrenchs, and I also have access to a machine shop if needed, so if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sounds like a sweet project to me. Make sure to put a 5-speed behind it! As for what needs to be done for the swap to work, it shouldn't be hard. Get a set of motor mounts from a V6 mustang. Run the SC harness and ECM, and use part of the SC dash harness and splice into the capri dash harness to run your gauges. The only thing that leaves up in the air is the radiator and intercooler, but from what I have heard, the intercooler tubes have more clearance in a fox-body than they do in the MN12, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Sounds like a sweet project to me. Make sure to put a 5-speed behind it! As for what needs to be done for the swap to work, it shouldn't be hard. Get a set of motor mounts from a V6 mustang. Run the SC harness and ECM, and use part of the SC dash harness and splice into the capri dash harness to run your gauges. The only thing that leaves up in the air is the radiator and intercooler, but from what I have heard, the intercooler tubes have more clearance in a fox-body than they do in the MN12, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Awesome thanks. As for the rad, I was going to use the stock 5.0 rad and a front mount IC my brother is making me out of 4 Dodge IC's welded together

Back