New AMD Dual Core PC $400 in London area.

patrick5678

Hey guys I work at one of the biggest custom PC shops in the city and have an extra system built to sell. I'll hook up a fellow SCCoA'r with basically the price for parts. I put 2 hours labor into this system and if you wish can put lots of "nice" programs on it for you! Keep in mind I'm not making money off any software I'm just selling the hardware and the software happens to come with it ;)

Brand new AMD Dual Core PC built by the best (AKA ME!)

Computer has receipt for all parts shown except the empty case itself. Case is a few years old but not used for more than a year, no dents or scratches, Antec 120mm fan in case has less than 1 hour on it as it was changed by me with an extra boxed fan I had from an Antec Three Hundred.

-Antec SLK1650B black mid-tower ATX Case w Antec 120mm 3-speed fan in rear
-Coolmax V-500 500 Watt (33A +12V) 120mm PSU
-Asus M2N-MX SE Plus AM2+ NVidia NForce 430/6100 mATX Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64x2 4800 (2.5GHZ Dual Core, 65 Watt)
-1GB Crucial Rendition DDR2 PC2-5300 RAM
-160GB WD SATAII 7200RPM Hard Drive
-LG Dual Layer DVD-RW 22x Black IDE Burner

-boxed Logitech black keyboard and optical mouse included.

Up and running with fresh install of Windows XP Pro Corporate (no registration required, passes validation) updated with the latest SP3, Firefox3, WMP11, Nero 7 Ultra, DVD Shrink... more if you want ;)

System is built by me with no corners cut, motherboard mounted properly, wires tied, will be stress tested and ready to use! I've built hundreds of machines for clients, friends, family and myself over the past 10 years. I know what I'm doing unlike so many today who "think" they do!

Makes a perfect machine for most homes! Just add a mid range video card if you wanted to play modern games on it. The board takes 1066MHZ DDR2, Phenom Quad Core support (95 watt or less recommended) and PCI-E 16X that actually runs at 16X unlike some other "cheap" motherboards that run PCI-E 16x slots at 8x or even 4x!!!!! Throw in a $100 8600GTS and you could play games like Call of Duty 4 with high detail no problem! Basically I'm saying it can take some upgrades and the PSU should handle most mid ranged cards without needing to be changed!! I took the 12V amperage into account for this reason over other 500-600 watt PSU's in the same price range.

newcomp.jpg

newcomp2.jpg

newcomp3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jake

GREAT deal for the money..

Nice system Jake! Somebody should snap this up.. you can't do better than this price-wise anywhere.

Doesn't that M2N-MX ASUS board have an Ethernet NIC and sound card built in as well? (you didn't say).

Just add a video card & monitor of your choice and you have a very decent system for ~$750!
mn12bird said:
I know what I'm doing unlike so many today who "think" they do!
Well, it's not THAT hard! :D I cobbled a system together for myself just recently... $800 bought me:

ASUS M2N-SLI board (2/2/2 slots).
AMD Athalon 64x2 6400+ (dual-core 3.2GHz processor) w/ heat-pipe cooler.
OCZ 4096MB SLI-ready PC6400 memory.
XFX GeForce 8500GT (silent cooling) 512MB dual link DVI video card.
Seagate 320GB 7200 sata HD.
Ultimate Series Mid-ATX case w/ 450W PS.

Of course this doesn't include the added cost of:

Monitor; 20.1" LG FLATRONwide, 2ms/3000:1 ($243).
Operating system; XPpro ($139).
PC speakers; Logitech Z-2300 2.1 200WRMS system ($103).

But still.. it shows the average guy can do OK if you shop around and are willing to assemble things for yourself.

yep the board has Nvidia 6100 graphics with up to 256MB shared RAM set to 128MB by default, 6ch Realtek HD audio and the 10/100 network is built in. She is ready to go!

If the average guy doesn't do his homework however the average guy can make simple mistakes. Like putting a 125watt Athlon64x2 6400 on a cheaper board, overheating the voltage regulator mosfets on the motherboard and having stability issues. There are lots of little tips and tricks you pick up over the years. You did pretty good my main system for myself I built for about the same price as you last year. Its the same board you have, a 4800, 2GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 in Dual Chanel mode, 320 Seagate SataII HD, 20X Pioneer DVDRW, 550Watt Cooler Master PSU, Antec NSK4400 case, and an 8600GTS. $800 these days can built a pretty damn decent machine!

Last edited:
mn12bird said:
If the average guy doesn't do his homework however the average guy can make simple mistakes. Like putting a 125watt Athlon64x2 6400 on a cheaper board, overheating the voltage regulator mosfets on the motherboard and having stability issues. There are lots of little tips and tricks you pick up over the years.
Oh sure... that's the "experience" part of the equasion right? I agree totally on the homework... I did a lot of that before I spent one penny on anything :).

mn12bird said:
$800 these days can built a pretty damn decent machine!
I was amazed at what you can get for $800! I'm not a serious gamer, and I don't overclock, so my goal was to get the best system while keeping an eye on cost. We have almost identical systems!

mn12bird said:
yep the board has Nvidia 6100 graphics with up to 256MB shared RAM set to 128MB by default, 6ch Realtek HD audio and the 10/100 network is built in. She is ready to go!
Well, in that case simply add a monitor and have a decent system for under $600! (I've seen decent 17" LCD monitors selling for under $200 now).

or...

Just keep your old monitor!

Back