Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepare to Become Jealous

Prepare to Become Jealous

In August Iím going up to Portland to pick up my dadís 1995 SC. He ordered it new from the factory but is getting a higher mileage car to replace it. Itís red, has just under 68,000 miles on the odometer and has been dealer serviced from day one. It has a five speed and blue cloth interior. No sunroof.

Iíve been reading this forum for the past few months, since my dad told be about his plans, and Iíve learned several things. Iím planning on installing a cold air, MAF, throttle body kit on one end and headers and such on the back end. The radiator will go in once I get back to California.

You may become jealous now.

David

Good luck with the car! Always nice to have another one being tended to.

Ira

Why not keep it completely stock and original as an example of how the cars were originally made? I doubt there are many original ones left. I am trying to restore the one I have (95 5 speed) this way with all original parts.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)
    1992 5 Speed SC one of 1256
    1995 5 Speed SC one of 574

Red exterior with blue interior...id say thats a rare combo and being it a 95 5-spd, thats very rare.....
    and we want pics when available

I'd like to see that as well given from the info I have that color combo was not available in a 95 SC. The Electric Red Clearcoat Metallic only came with the Opal Grey, or Mocha or Ruby Red Interior. What are the codes for color and interior on the B Pillar Tag?
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Floyd View Post
    I'd like to see that as well given from the info I have that color combo was not available in a 95 SC. The Electric Red Clearcoat Metallic only came with the Opal Grey, or Mocha or Ruby Red Interior. What are the codes for color and interior on the B Pillar Tag?

The car is in Portland right now, and I'm in California. I'll be picking it up in the beginning of August and will be able to tell more then. Itís possible that the interior is blue in my memory but gray in real life and my red might be your burgundy.

Why not keep it completely stock and original as an example of how the cars were originally made? I doubt there are many original ones left. I am trying to restore the one I have (95 5 speed) this way with all original parts.
    After reading around this site for days and days it seems the exhaust side of the car is problematic and I want this car to be a daily driver. Iíve also been known to put my foot in it once in a while so I would rather spend my $1,200 on an exhaust now than a head gasket repair later. I also donít mind the idea of having all the extra hp from the mod.

As far as collectability of the car goes, Iím not in a position, nor do I have the inclination, to keep this car that way. The car may be rare, 527 or so made in í95 with five speeds, but in the grand scheme of car collecting, I donít see there being any value at all in keeping the car stock since I will be driving it regularly. I also donít expect that the value of this car will appreciate greatly in the near future and by the time it ceases being a daily driver the added miles will make it less desirable as a collectorís car.

My main plan is to drive it and enjoy it. This seems to include extra horse power.

You guys really are nuts about these cars!

David

Your car....your choice...but how many people thought the cars of the 80's would demand the price they do in the collector car market now? No one can foresee the future...but then again not that often someone gets a chance to own one of 574 of anything in the world.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Floyd View Post
    Your car....your choice...but how many people thought the cars of the 80's would demand the price they do in the collector car market now? No one can foresee the future...but then again not that often someone gets a chance to own one of 574 of anything in the world.
    Which cars of the '80s?

I'm more impressed with prices of the matching number muscle cars of the late '60s early '70s. Those are absolutely insane.

As I recall from the stuff I've read over the years the Thunderbird SC was Ford's answer to the BMW 635i. The opinion within Ford was that they really missed their weight target. While they perform well, the Tbirds just didn't stack up against the 635i.

It may be that the 94/95 5 Speed Thunderbirds will appreciate over time but I'll just do what I'm going to do anyway.

I do feel for you though. It seems I have the exact car you want. There are some problems with it though, as far as a restoration project goes. My dad parks the car outside under birch trees that drop their leaves and sap all over the car. I haven't seen the car for a while but when I go up to visit there's usually quite a quantity of little leaves in the engine compartment and a good deal of sap on the roof and trunk. It is low miles, for a '95 at least, and well maintained though.

As with anything, once it's gone - it's gone. You can't get something back. I once had a 1970 Torino Cobra for which I was told many many times that being a "mid sized 1970's Ford" it would "never be worth anything."

Too bad I believed the naysayers and sold the car. It was a very nice original 55,000 mile car. Cars in like condition now, 20yrs later, sell for $25,000 - if you can find one. Mine was one of 1500 or so built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

I have an attic full of original parts from my teal 1994 SC that says it can go back to stock at anytime :O)
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Look in Hemmings to see 80's cars going for a good penny.

I have my 95 5 speed...just bought it and am restoring it.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)

+1 for leaving it stock. You could clean it up and get it running good, then park it and save it for nice days and drive it every once and awhile. Then get another sc, like maybe an 89-93, and drive that daily. I dunno, that's just what I would do.

Maybe if the 95 5spd had lots of miles on it, and had other issues, then maybe it would be fine to add lots of performace stuff... but finding low mile ones that are in good condition and mostly stock is a rare find, so the cost could definitely appreciate over the years.

Since your going to do what your going to do that car, I ain't jealous at all (not like I would be anyway), cause frankly my '90 is going to be a better car than that one by the sounds of it .

Count one '95 5spd to be destined to be a ~~~ in the end.

Frit

Cool BS flag

At this point, I'm raising the BS flag!

Until I see some proof, it will remain up.

Yeah, I'd be more jealous of someone that had a great condition low mileage STOCK 95 5spd. But modding it all up to me just seems like a waist of a perfectly good rare car, and doing all these mods could just cause problems in the end. Like I said before... I'd mod up a lesser desired SC.