Can't find ABS accumulator

kieron

Hi, my 92 SC has been in the shop for three weeks and the only thing hanging it up is that they can't find an accumulator. It's the one with the short connector. I can pull it off my other SC that's not running, but I really don't want to do that. Any ideas on where I can get one? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Kieron

Ford warehouses may have them. People reported getting them from Ford dealers only a few months ago. The cost was something under $200. Prior Remanufacturing in Texas has them, but they were recently back-ordered by several weeks at least. The parts come from Germany, I think. I don't know if Prior's situation has cleared up yet or what. You can reach them at www.priorreman.com. The online catalog does not show the accumulator as a separate part, so you need to call them to order it. When I got one a year or two ago, it cost under $150.

By the way, I think that the ball with the short connector will replace the long connector just fine, although not the other way around.

Thank you

Thanks for the info. I called Prior and It's going out today. Thanks again.
Kieron

Back