Todays 1/8 pass with FROZEN SC and pipes

10.26 @71mph for me and 12.2 @ 69 for my wifes pass

I,m typeing from my phone to post this. My wife wanted to take a pass in the sc, so why not:p. We took our kids in thier special car to cruise night. That little car drew more attention than the sc ever had! :eek:Well I didnt bring any C02 so it was her first pass from a hot engine. Babied it and got a 12.2 @ 69mph. About 15 min after that a 99 mustang 4.6 gt wanted to race me. Why not.
So from a even hotter engine with fans on and heater cranked I gave shot. Did my best to feather it off the line, no spin but ended up doggin it:mad:
The stang beat me to the line but i had the faster speed and time;) So now the hunt is out for those check engine codes and why its still not breaking into the 9's

Attachments

• DSCF4461 (Large).JPG
    DSCF4461 (Large).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF4463 (Large).JPG
    DSCF4463 (Large).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF4462 (Large).JPG
    DSCF4462 (Large).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I dont know what is happening, but your times are slow even for a stock one. You did say that you have a check engine light on that has to be what is causing the lack of power. A kid I rode with at the track in his 305 stock firebird ran in the low 10s in the 1/8 and that car was a real pooch. Sounds like it is pulling timing like crazy.

Like I alluded to....my 1999 extended cab F150 ran high 9's. And it had some crazy features like....heavy. And stock. And 260HP V8. And full size spare.

I don't know, but I wouldnt care what my car could run at the track if I had to put 40lbs of dry ice on it and tinker with it for a half hour pulling plugs and changing sensors for it to do it. whats the point, so you can say HEY I RAN A 16, BUT it took me alot of prep. and hows yeh car having these crazzzzzzzzzzzy traction problems with a slower then stock car.. are you putting ice on your tires too ?

I don't know, but I wouldnt care what my car could run at the track if I had to put 40lbs of dry ice on it and tinker with it for a half hour pulling plugs and changing sensors for it to do it. whats the point, so you can say HEY I RAN A 16, BUT it took me alot of prep. and hows yeh car having these crazzzzzzzzzzzy traction problems with a slower then stock car.. are you putting ice on your tires too ?

No crap man my car will BARELY brake the tires loose in is a total dog off the line! BUT it runs 10.01's and it probably would knock down a 9-somthing now because it runs alot better than it did when it pulled a 10.01 If your car is running like that you need to stop taking it to the track and fix it you are making our cars look slow! when i realized i could only run a 10.01 i went home before i made supercoupes look bad :) Have not been back since and dont plan on it untill it will actually have some balls.

I,m getting error codes that dont even relate to our cars, such as a 311, 217 <that does> and a 600 something thats not even listed. Maybe I,m just trying to break something so i can go ahead and swap vin plates with a working fast kooks headers 94 5spd that has no title......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IikM0jLbMUQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IikM0jLbMUQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and then at the very end, you dump liquid nitrogen on your engine and swap sensors

So whats the point of giving him ~~~~ about his time then!,
Do you have nothing better to do than sit here and say "oh it sucks, the time is slow" wah wah wah.. He is trying new things he isnt doing the norm of people and going to SCP or anything he is trying to figure out other things, thats how stuff gets developed. Weather it be Co2 or fire. He is still doing beter than most of you all by going out and trying things. Taking chances of ruining something....:rolleyes: And yet he comes back here to tell you all about it just to get bashed every time??;)
Jeez SCCoA is getting just as bad as any other forum on the internet.

CEL codes

Ok so i had the blinks off by one digit believe, well here they are:

176:Oxygen sensor not switching - system is or was lean Left or Front HO2S - Fuel control

332:EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittantly - EVR or PFE

543:(O)Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits (M) Fuel pump relay or battery power feed was open - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits
So maybe if I address these i can get some power back

As far as making the SC look bad.. I think more people see this single car (with intrest) than it would if it were in the scrap yard from which it was saved!

I am not trying to break balls, I just think the CEL has something to do with his times. I have a CO2 sprayer on my car, I feel it made a difference with the stock IC i havent ever sprayed it on the front mount yet.

Mark

So whats the point of giving him ~~~~ about his time then!,
Do you have nothing better to do than sit here and say "oh it sucks, the time is slow" wah wah wah.. He is trying new things he isnt doing the norm of people and going to SCP or anything he is trying to figure out other things, thats how stuff gets developed. Weather it be Co2 or fire. He is still doing beter than most of you all by going out and trying things. Taking chances of ruining something....:rolleyes: And yet he comes back here to tell you all about it just to get bashed every time??;)
Jeez SCCoA is getting just as bad as any other forum on the internet.

Its not that everyone is bashing him.. They are all telling him his ET's are off which means there is something mechanically wrong with the car. Basically it means stop going to the track and figure out what is wrong with the car before it goes poof and the next post in this thread will be "Well I blew it up this time..."

Its not that everyone is bashing him.. They are all telling him his ET's are off which means there is something mechanically wrong with the car. Basically it means stop going to the track and figure out what is wrong with the car before it goes poof and the next post in this thread will be "Well I blew it up this time..."

That maybe, but how about this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IikM0jLbMUQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IikM0jLbMUQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and then at the very end, you dump liquid nitrogen on your engine and swap sensors

Thats the ~~~~ that needs to stop.

What Dennis said and also............some whack new ideas may have already been tried. And yes, I was indirectly saying CO2 is old news, it's been tried both at the track and the dyno with SC's.

another lost video i found

This is that one where the tranny missed 2nd gear, u can hear them tires chirp;)
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=4a2ce9fd-24b2-409e-8c95-9b37011e762c" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br /><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/No-2nd-gear-pass_192166.htm">The tranny missed 2nd and then barked the tires into 3rd and still got a soso time.</a>

Back