The 95 5speed Lives again

rickbtbird

The beast is on the road again!! This is the car I drove up from Florida back in July of 2006. Since it's been in Connecticut, it's seem more time on jack stands then it has pavement. Myself and JimmyMan got it running yesterday and I put the finishing touches on it today, washed it and snapped a couple of PICs (not that I need any proof) ha-ha. Got it done just in time to get the emission tested next week (fingers crossed).

95backfromthedead.jpg

95backfromthedead-1.jpg

Must be a nice feeling, glad to see another SC on the road again. Mine and yours are twins. Mine has a tan leather, two tone interior with a gray on the sides of the seats. What color is your interior?:D:D Stephen

Last edited:
i think those bra's are the god ungliest things ever

now all you need is some tint and clear corners.

i think those bra's are the god ungliest things ever

now all you need is some tint and clear corners.

I like the bras on the white SC but yea, that bra is worthless.. I'm sorry I bough it. It's there to cover up some blemishes on the front end (was there when I got the car) and protect the front end when I drove it all the way up the east cost. It's coming off tomorrow. I'll be replacing it with a better quality one soon.

Must be a nice feeling, glad to see another SC on the road again. Mine and yours are twins. Mine has a tan leather, two tone interior with a gray on the sides of the seats. What color is your interior?:D:D Stephen

Mine is 100% gray leather with black dash panels. The leather is in great shape. One of the dash vents is cracked and I'm looking for a replacement because it rattles. The cloth covers on the door panels keep coming lose so I'll be looking at that next week.

The car originally came from Gainesville, FL. It was a well kept car but it didn't do well after I got it back to Connecticut. I’ve gone through two alternators, rear shocks and a radiator. It was like some one shot it full of holes. Since fixing all that, I've been chasing a heat issue. This is my most recent attempt to resolve this issue putting it back together this weekend. It has been down since April. Wish me luck.

I will be putting mine together this week, at least it always seems like another week and it turns into another and another. Once I get it done I will post some pic's. My interior is pretty clean except for the stitching on the top of the back seats from the Fl sun. Paint is still good for it's age. I see to many fords down here that have pealed and look real bad. I haven't looked up the code for my exterior color but it looks like a pearl white. Is yours the same or is it white and by any chance do you know the name of the color if they are the same. Stephen

I will be putting mine together this week, at least it always seems like another week and it turns into another and another. Once I get it done I will post some pic's. My interior is pretty clean except for the stitching on the top of the back seats from the Fl sun. Paint is still good for it's age. I see to many fords down here that have pealed and look real bad. I haven't looked up the code for my exterior color but it looks like a pearl white. Is yours the same or is it white and by any chance do you know the name of the color if they are the same. Stephen

I know that feeling. I was hoping to get mine back on the road way sooner then I did. It’s always something with an older car.

I flew to Gainesville, FL on 8/25/06 and drove the car back to Connecticut. I made a 5 day trip out of it after burning up an alternator in Baltimore.

Since then I put a total of 4400 miles on it. I tore the injection and Intercooler system down on mine this April due to a bad vacuum leak that I think was caused by a previous bad repair. I just started driving it again yesterday evening thanks to assistance from another guy that occasionally logs on here. So far everything seems to be running fine.

I couldn't reassemble it myself because of some issues with high blood pressure that have cropped up recently that put me on short term disability. I'm working through that just fine now since my doctor changed my meds. I should be back to work soon, hopefully the end of August.

I’ll be driving the car more over the next two weeks. I did notice that I got a couple of easy repairs coming up. The front driver’s side rotor is a little warped and shakes the car a little when it up over 80mph. I’m guessing it’s time to remove the front wheels and check the brakes anyway. The A/C is discharged and there might be a leak in the system somewhere. I’ll be digging into that this week as well.

My biggest fear now is putting her together and hoping to finally have her on the road and end up with her running like poop.Vac leak or some pain in the butt that will have to be figured out and repaired and of course more money.My wife has been patient as parts keep coming in the mail. I just got two stock KVR slotted rotors for the front. After the car sat for a year plus I figured I better do it now.

I grew up in Weston CT. I miss the NE.

I bought my car from a one owner in Sarasota with 127k and she looked great. Picked it up in 4/07 and blew the HG in 7/07. So I only drove it for a short time. What a fun car and with my mods she will be awesome,I hope.

Good luck with your health and take care of yourself. I went through that with my dad and 7 bi-passes and later a cardiac arrest which they brought him back from then he was in a rehab hosp. for 9 months from the brain damage-lack of o2. The dr's told him to walk and of course watch his diet. He walked everyday and tried to watch his diet. He lived another 10 years before he passed. So start walking it is the best thing in the world for you!:D

Stephen

Back