Underdrives and 10% Crank pulley???

MagpoweredSC

Is there a way to run underdrive Water pump and Alternator pulley with A/C delete with the Magnum Powers 10% Crank Pulley? I saw someone say this is not possible but never heard of it before? I am getting ready to get the MP 25% kit and need to know? Thanks in Advance.

Mark

Is there a way to run underdrive Water pump and Alternator pulley with A/C delete with the Magnum Powers 10% Crank Pulley? I saw someone say this is not possible but never heard of it before? I am getting ready to get the MP 25% kit and need to know? Thanks in Advance.

Mark

Mark,

The short answer is NO....underdrive water pump pulley (larger diameter than stock) won't fit unless using an underdrive crank pulley (smaller diameter than stock). It won't even fit with a stock crank pulley.

David

Thanks Uncle Dave,
Great now I got to buy yet more stuff.:rolleyes: Damn I sold my old pullies years ago. I wonder if anyone sells stock diameter aluminum water pump pulley and alternator pulley?

Will the Underdrive alternator pulley need to be scrapped too??

Mark

Nice looking engine setup.

Yup, waterpump pulley will work with the stock belt, but becomes a pretty tight fit. Underdrive waterpump pulley touched my 10% crank:eek:!! I wish someone made a underdrive/10%SC OD crank pulley, then we would be good to go.

Thanks Uncle Dave,
Great now I got to buy yet more stuff.:rolleyes: Damn I sold my old pullies years ago. I wonder if anyone sells stock diameter aluminum water pump pulley and alternator pulley?

Will the Underdrive alternator pulley need to be scrapped too??

Mark

Underdrive alt pulley will still work, but IMO it's not worth doing. Most of the gains from underdrives come from the crank pulley.

David

Is that the "Prostreet rich a/c delete" set-up if so what serpentine belt length are you using

It's the ac delete bracket for a ford truck, can't remember the part number but I got it from someone on these boards, it might have been Rich. The belt is just the stock length belt. I plan on hooking my ac back up once I get all the bugs out and have it running nasty........

Last edited:
Underdrive alt pulley will still work, but IMO it's not worth doing. Most of the gains from underdrives come from the crank pulley.

David

David, I just like the little bit of bling...............:D

I have the u/d crank and water pump pullies on my '89, with the way I ran my fmic tubes using the u/d alternator pulley would cause the belt to hit the i/c tube, I didn't facter in a larger pulley when I fabbed up the tubes....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back