White 94... number two :)

sinhumane

just picked up a 94 auto sc tonight... guy selling it said the hg's were blown, started it, let it run... no smoke, checked oil and coolant, nothing suspicious... she drove about 30 mins home...

has a few wierd gremlins, but i'm gonna start troubleshooting.

#1. coolant sensor and switch are all icky, replacing those tomorrow, along with a cooling flush and thermostat change.

#2. guy i bought it from says she cuts out under boost (go figure)

#3. they had a junkyard computer put in, i think wrong calibration. (came from California)

#4. drivers door wont lock/unlock with button or key.

#5. press 'lock', you get nothing, press 'unlock' and the parking lights come on.... thats a srtange one

#6. keeps blowing an interior lights fuse.

#7. needs hood, header panel and drivers headlight. due to rearending someone... might just do a 96+ swap...

#8. interior is in poor condition, center console is torn up around shifter, and lid is warped

a few bonuses:

fully optioned, working sunroof, tl rear with trac control, leather (although torn up) premium sound with cd player, new alternator, battery, and radiator.

EDIT: with pics....

Attachments

• IMG00022.jpg
    IMG00022.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG00023.jpg
    IMG00023.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG00024.jpg
    IMG00024.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG00025.jpg
    IMG00025.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG00027.jpg
    IMG00027.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Tyler, check the wiring on the underhoodhood lamp. That'll blow the interior lighting fuse faster than anything.

Mine has a short, and if I plug it in, it blows the fuse... then strange things happen.

The lock button works, but if I hit unlock, the parking lights come on instead.

I'm sure it's a good car but I think the money spent towards the white one would be better spent towards the 95 :p

Good luck with it :)

-Melon

Take it somewhere to have the HGs checked. It will be cheaper than it will be for you if you need a new lower end.

Chris

stupid n00b question, but how do they check hg's?

might just do them as a precautionary... given 129k on the ticker, and still on the originals... :eek:

stupid n00b question, but how do they check hg's?

might just do them as a precautionary... given 129k on the ticker, and still on the originals... :eek:

Test from the radiator & sample the coolant for the presents of ** exhaust gas, & or pressure leak down for the not so obvious HG leak.

progress...

changed the ect sensor, and coolant temp switch, drove it for a bit, its not overheating per se.... the low speed fan isnt coming on, and the fan wont come on until just a smidge past 'm'

my intuition is pointing towards the ccrm.... so, i'm gonna go harvest the one from my lx to test on it... changing thermostat, flushing cooling system tomorrow... the radiator has lots of calcium buildup, i'd hate to see what the water jackets look like... probably similar to joel's old lx. :eek:

another bonus, has a recently installed reman. MAF... trans is NEW FORD INSTALL as of 110k miles....

antiprogress... premium sound cd player doesnt work... poo. :(

oh... hush, you. lol. going tonight to snag the ccrm from my lx, change oil, flush the cooling system, wash and wax.

a little more progress...

tapped the #14 wire into the #17... even with giving it some wot, she only gets to 'm'... still acting like the thermostat is goofed up, open, close, open, close... in fast succession... changing that tomorrow when i drain the cleaner out of the car.

NOTE: might just be running a little warm since its just sodium citrate and water in my cooling system...

changed oil, started cleaning the cooling system out with some prestone cleaner... got the new filter on, pcv valve installed, new drain cock 'snigger'...

put floor mats in too! ;)

got a new plasma tv for the apartment today... not big, but adequate. 32".

Antiprogress: the wife is starting to like the car... a LOT... and wants to drive it... a LOT. :gulp:

Quit going off of the guage reading. It is not accurate enough for you to make that decision. Water is cooler than water and coolant. The total reason for coolant is to keep it from freezing. QUIT throwing parts at the car until you KNOW what is wrong with it.

Chris

parts...

all the parts (except ect sensor/switch) are tune-up/ regular maintenance related... i'm not just throwing parts at it... :eek:

Back