September 20th Hamilton Meet

Les Borda

Les, I've edited this down a bit and put a line between each person's comments, to try make it a bit more readable.

thx
Ed N.

Paul93SC

Interesting... a meeting in Hamilton I mean! It's a fair distance from TO though. With this in mind, I have a couple of suggestions...

- Have a meet at Hutches' on the beach. Really close access to the QEW, very informal, good food and tons of parking space. Lots of other car guys use this to hang out, and some ricers as well, but still plenty of room. Hutches' has been a car-guy hangout since the 40's, and they even used to drag race right in front of the place a long time ago.

- Have a meet at Burlington Lakeshore Park. Again, close access to the QEW plus there is an upscale pub/eatery across the street called the Pepperwood Bistro. The prices are reasonable considering the food is top notch, and they have a covered patio if we wanted to sit outside. They even brew a few of their own beers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SeanMatteson

Excellent suggestions, Paul!

Cheers,

Sean

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Les Borda

Ok Paul this Hutches sounds like an old fashioned cruise car hang out...with lots of parking. Work up the directions so I can post this in advance. The meeting will be Friday evening September the 27th in Hamilton. Directions to follow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill McNeil

Damn. I wanted us to do the Dyno Day on the 26th.

I really didn't want us dipping into October for that AND the track day. Anything we can do Les?

Les Borda

Yes we can do the Hamilton thing next Friday September 20th and just have two west end meetings in a row, no biggie, easy as pie, consider it done...LOL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SeanMatteson

OK. September 20th at Hutch's On The Beach sounds good!!!

Cheers,

Sean

MY90SC

I will try and be there

SeanMatteson

It's been about a year since I was last at Hutch's, but they have excellent fish and chips. Their chips are just like homemade chips... big honkin' mothas. And they've always got malt and/or balsamic vinegar on hand.

I think you guys will like this place.

Cheers,

Sean

Bill McNeil

Thanks Les. I will post about the dyno.

322 RWHP ~ 376 RWT

Paul93SC

OK, I'll write up the directions to Hutches', and provide a map that someone can post here (I have no hosting space currently )

Maybe (if SC Steve and his group wants to travel a little) we could invite the Western NY/Buffalo guys to this meet? It seems like a decent compromise distance-wise for most members. Just a further suggestion...

SeanMatteson

Paul,

I think you're right. Hutch's would be a great location for such a meet, since it's so close to the QEW Niagara. What do the rest of you guys think?

Cheers,

Sean

fast Ed N
El Presidente, SCCoO

Guys, this has become another example of a thread where a new post should have been started, concerning the future meeting plans. I missed half of this before because the subject was still "Wednesday night meeting", from the post that went up at the beginning of the week.

thx
Ed N.

SeanMatteson

Yes, sir. A valid point. Paul??? Do you want the honors???

Cheers,

Sean

ShawnSC1

Ed I will have to agree with you there. I missed half of this aswell. Hutchs is a good spot to. But its very busy around there on a Friday evening. Best time for that would be in the afternoon. But I am up for any spot.
I was talking to Les and a good spot would be at Queenston Mall parking lot. There is a CT gas bar right next to it and then Tim Hortons. Tim Hortons parking lot is full and the same with CT gas bar parking lot. There is alot of old fast cars in those parking lots. SO thats why Queenston Mall would be the best spot. Also there is some other car clubs that meet in that parking lot. So I thought it would be good spot to meet new people and get know a little more. But thats up to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ok ok ok..LOL. so the cut and paste from the old topic ain't that pretty, this is the first time I have tried anything other than making a post a sticky..LOL.

Les, that has to be the longest single post I've ever seen !!

Please check your p.m.'s

thx
Ed N.

Thanks for starting a new thread on this Les. I thought you moderators could properly parse a thread so that the formatting remained unchanged, but this works just fine.

Umm, as far as suggesting Queenston mall is concerned, I considered it but rejected the location as a possible meeting spot. First, it's a rather bleak place with nothing to look at really. Second, there are actually 3 distinct groups that hang out... the CT lot is all the hi-po guys, Tim's has all the import guys, and KFC has the exotics. They rarely look upon outsiders as friendly... in other words, not a friendly place IMO and I wouldn't want to invite club members to that kind of scene.

Hutches' is a universal spot and people travel there from all over on a regular basis, plus it's on the waterfront and has decent food. Shawn is right though about it being busy, but the parking lot to the northeast is never full.

Burlington park was suggested because it too is on the waterfront, is close to the QEW, and the Pepperwood Bistro is a hotspot that draws a lot of young people.

These were just suggestions, and considering Hamilton is not exactly a pretty place, I tried to pick something that was not only convenient to get to, but also nice to hang around for a couple of hours... but hey, that's just the way I see things... other Hamiltonians' views may differ! ;)

WHY IS THIS THREAD SO WIERD LOOKING?

Hutchies is good idea! I go there all the time. The fish and chips are awsoem, greasy, but awsome.

Paul do you know a few of the guys in that area. Just wondering if you had any problems with any body around there. If Hutchs is the place I am up for any spot. I love it there my self. Just busy there thats all. I go down there ever Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Well its only a week away so lets find out where we are meeting on September 20th. Les its up to you.

Guys, I'd like to throw in a vote for Hutch's as well. Paul and I stopped by there on the way back from Cayuga. Neat spot, in a scenic area, and the food is excellent for a good price. Just basic stuff there, burgers, hot dogs, french fries, but I think that will suit most of our crowd just fine. And very access off the QEW for people coming from either direction, no need to travel through lovely downtown Hamilton.

Let's make a decision on this for sure so that people know to make plans.

cheers
Ed N.

If my vote counts I am casting it for Hutches

Thunderbirds, Beaches, Good food, Good people

What could go wrong:D

H u t c h e s'... H u t c h e s'... H u t c h e s'!!!

I think this will be a great spot for a meet. I'm not sure if they do it this late into the Summer, or if it's in fact Friday nights when it happens, but they used to hold burnout contests in the parking lot. Hutches' even supplied the bleach!!! The cops would sit out on Beach Blvd with snarled looks, but couldn't do a damned thing because it was private property! I'll have to talk to my younger brother to see if this still happens, and if it's on Friday nights.

I'll let you guys know.

Cheers,

Sean

Thats a friday right? Depending ont he time and if I don't have to watch the baby maybe I could make it out, wouldn't be till around 8pm though by the time I get off work and all.

As far as the time goes lets say 7:00-8:00-ish, anywhere in between. Folks get off work at different times and our travel times from the GTA will also vary.

Ryan the thread looks weird because I cut and pasted it from another thread. I didn't see a way of moving only a portion of the other thread...crude but effective...LOL.

So Les, maybe you can do a new thread making it official for the time, date, and location, then e-mail me with the details ....

thx
Ed N.

I'm still working on this. Krista and I may be going to Niagara Falls that day, in which case we could go to the meet on the way home. To be honest, I'm not as motivated without my car, but I'll see what I can do.

Back