Yay my first Tbird!

Specttor

Hi all I got my first Thunderbird SC about 2 and a half weeks ago. It's a 91 and has approx 213k on it. I know that sounds like a lot but with a little effort I should be able to make it worth it. I didn't actually pay much for it, I traded a computer that cost me almost nothing for it. The only downfall was that it came with a blown head gasket. Since I got it I have been working on it almost night and day and to be quite honest I know very little about the mechanics of cars but for a noob I think I am doing fairly well. I have already replaced the head gasket and have the engine rebuilt up to the supercharger which I put back on last night.

How did you get a signature? Normally only paying members get the option to create signatures. I guess you got lucky or something. :)

not bad looking.. i hope you had atleast the heads surfaced before replacing the gaskets... if not and they warped on you, its only a matter of time before you have it down again.

good luck, and welcome to the site. :)

I made it myself. Not sure if it matters but I am a paying member as well.

Haha ok. I didn't see your member number under your name so I didn't think you were a member yet. My mistake. Non-paying members don't get the option of making a signature. Anyways... Welcome to the club!

not bad looking.. i hope you had atleast the heads surfaced before replacing the gaskets... if not and they warped on you, its only a matter of time before you have it down again.

good luck, and welcome to the site. :)

I had them cleaned checked for cracks replaced the spring seals and surfaced. I didn't really want to have to do it a second time. :p

Back