Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ditching the MPx, joining the 1.7 Autorotor crowd!!

Ditching the MPx, joining the 1.7 Autorotor crowd!!

Well after some debate and discussion I pulled the trigger and purchased a slightly used 1.7L Autorotor this week. This was not purchased from SCU, but it will be similar to those that were offered. I'll be doing it in steps, next step is to send it to PSE Supercharger for nose fitment, then it will be sent off for the completion of the remaining components. Just thought I'd share this, as I am excited to get the AR. It will be installed with the SCU CNC head and cam package that is on my spare engine that I will be installing this winter. Look for my MPx, and Magnum Powers 10 rib pulley kit come up for sale shortly after the Shootout. Here are some pics the seller sent me, I'll post some more when it arrives.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

what do you want for your mpx and 10 rib setup?? Im first in line.

You won't regret it...hands down it's the best mod I've ever done to my car.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by david Neibert View Post
    you Won't Regret It...hands Down It's The Best Mod I've Ever Done To My Car.

David
    +1

I wish that I would of never heard of or ever used a MPIII blower.

In the end, the MPIII has cost me over two & half times
    over the price of the AUTOROTOR blower kit I have.

My 3.8 SC motor is history, I am now thinking about
    installing the SCU A/R 1.7 blower on a 3 valve 4.6
    05 Mustang.

Randy

Glad to hear the comments on the best mod. Being as I am in this for the long haul I figured why not, and as Dave D. said "your gonna get tired of the Eaton." Well, 4 different M90's have been on the car so far and I am tired of upgrading just to add 15 HP everytime. Just go for the whole enchilada and be done with it. The only thing thats in my plan is that I won't have is a forged bottom end, gonna finish installing the Kooks Jet Hot coated midlength's tonite, and the dual 2.5" exhaust gets put on Tuesday, hopefully I'll run consistent 13.5 for the Shootout. Hoping for the 12.5 class at the '09 Shootout.

As for the sale of the MPx here's what will be included:
    MPx Supercharger Assmebled (maybe 1000 miles on it after the shootout) with a sub 5000 mile rotor pack, sub 10,000 mile rebuilt snout, solid coupler, filled with Motorcraft Supercharger Fluid, and the MPx inlet plenum. Magnum Powers 10 rib 15% overdrive pulley kit (~2500 miles of use) belts included. The following items are all spares that will be included: new Gates 10 rib blower belt, 3 new bottles of Motorcraft Supercharger fluid, a set of new SKF snout bearings, new rear rotor INA bearings, 3 new Ford Supercharger oil fill plugs, and some rear rotor bearing grease.
    Last edited by rzimmerl; 08-28-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: updated spare parts
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Shoot me a price on it, im definately interested. You can email it to me if you want. djsmithinvesting@yahoo.com

when is the shootout and when will i need to pay

I do some thinking on the price tonite and shoot you a message. I'll email you some pics of the MPx and the spare parts. The shootout is the last weekend of September so, it will be ready for shipment sometime in early October.
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rzimmerl View Post
    Well after some debate and discussion I pulled the trigger and purchased a slightly used 1.7L Autorotor this week. This was not purchased from SCU, but it will be similar to those that were offered. I'll be doing it in steps, next step is to send it to PSE Supercharger for nose fitment, then it will be sent off for the completion of the remaining components. Just thought I'd share this, as I am excited to get the AR. It will be installed with the SCU CNC head and cam package that is on my spare engine that I will be installing this winter. Look for my MPx, and Magnum Powers 10 rib pulley kit come up for sale shortly after the Shootout. Here are some pics the seller sent me, I'll post some more when it arrives.
    You will go down the dark path with the AR than you will want a 2.0 or a 2.3 AR. It never ends

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    You will go down the dark path with the AR than you will want a 2.0 or a 2.3 AR. It never ends

Ken
    Uhmmm, yea, and......??

Ira

what lenght snout do you need?I have a few lying around
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Nice Find!!!!

Congrats on your finding of an AR!!! And goodluck at the Shootout this year and "Next"

Tom
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424

Damon, I need the 141mm.

Thanks Tom, you gonna make the trip over?
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Oh Yeah!

I'll be there Ryan, and hopefully with my SC this time

Look for a red sc thats trailered by my red dodge 1500 p/up, will say SCCOA on it with my Member name across the windsheild If my buddy comes through on the banners for me?

I'll see ya there Bud!

Tom
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424

Ill measure them up..I had a few I wa splayig around with for the 2.2
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.