Ditching the MPx, joining the 1.7 Autorotor crowd!!

rzimmerl

Well after some debate and discussion I pulled the trigger and purchased a slightly used 1.7L Autorotor this week. This was not purchased from SCU, but it will be similar to those that were offered. I'll be doing it in steps, next step is to send it to PSE Supercharger for nose fitment, then it will be sent off for the completion of the remaining components. Just thought I'd share this, as I am excited to get the AR. It will be installed with the SCU CNC head and cam package that is on my spare engine that I will be installing this winter. Look for my MPx, and Magnum Powers 10 rib pulley kit come up for sale shortly after the Shootout. Here are some pics the seller sent me, I'll post some more when it arrives.

Attachments

• 9035_1.jpg
    9035_1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 524
  • 8c68_1.jpg
    8c68_1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 523
  • 8e62_1.jpg
    8e62_1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 483
I wish that I would of never heard of or ever used a MPIII blower.

In the end, the MPIII has cost me over two & half times
over the price of the AUTOROTOR blower kit I have.

My 3.8 SC motor is history, I am now thinking about
installing the SCU A/R 1.7 blower on a 3 valve 4.6
05 Mustang.

Randy

Glad to hear the comments on the best mod. Being as I am in this for the long haul I figured why not, and as Dave D. said "your gonna get tired of the Eaton." Well, 4 different M90's have been on the car so far and I am tired of upgrading just to add 15 HP everytime. Just go for the whole enchilada and be done with it. The only thing thats in my plan is that I won't have is a forged bottom end, gonna finish installing the Kooks Jet Hot coated midlength's tonite, and the dual 2.5" exhaust gets put on Tuesday, hopefully I'll run consistent 13.5 for the Shootout. Hoping for the 12.5 class at the '09 Shootout.

As for the sale of the MPx here's what will be included:
MPx Supercharger Assmebled (maybe 1000 miles on it after the shootout) with a sub 5000 mile rotor pack, sub 10,000 mile rebuilt snout, solid coupler, filled with Motorcraft Supercharger Fluid, and the MPx inlet plenum. Magnum Powers 10 rib 15% overdrive pulley kit (~2500 miles of use) belts included. The following items are all spares that will be included: new Gates 10 rib blower belt, 3 new bottles of Motorcraft Supercharger fluid, a set of new SKF snout bearings, new rear rotor INA bearings, 3 new Ford Supercharger oil fill plugs, and some rear rotor bearing grease.

Last edited:
I do some thinking on the price tonite and shoot you a message. I'll email you some pics of the MPx and the spare parts. The shootout is the last weekend of September so, it will be ready for shipment sometime in early October.

Well after some debate and discussion I pulled the trigger and purchased a slightly used 1.7L Autorotor this week. This was not purchased from SCU, but it will be similar to those that were offered. I'll be doing it in steps, next step is to send it to PSE Supercharger for nose fitment, then it will be sent off for the completion of the remaining components. Just thought I'd share this, as I am excited to get the AR. It will be installed with the SCU CNC head and cam package that is on my spare engine that I will be installing this winter. Look for my MPx, and Magnum Powers 10 rib pulley kit come up for sale shortly after the Shootout. Here are some pics the seller sent me, I'll post some more when it arrives.

You will go down the dark path with the AR than you will want a 2.0 or a 2.3 AR. It never ends:D:D

Ken

Nice Find!!!!

Congrats on your finding of an AR!!! And goodluck at the Shootout this year and "Next":D

Tom

Oh Yeah!

I'll be there Ryan, and hopefully with my SC this time:)

Look for a red sc thats trailered by my red dodge 1500 p/up, will say SCCOA on it with my Member name across the windsheild:D If my buddy comes through on the banners for me?

I'll see ya there Bud!

Tom

You will go down the dark path with the AR than you will want a 2.0 or a 2.3 AR. It never ends

Ken

The dark side seems to be the way to go now a days... Don't you have a black blower on your car ;)....

It's addicting I know, but I am sure that I will be more than happy with the 1.7 Autorotor for a lot longer than any of the M90's.

The dark side seems to be the way to go now a days... Don't you have a black blower on your car ;)....

It's addicting I know, but I am sure that I will be more than happy with the 1.7 Autorotor for a lot longer than any of the M90's.

Yes you will. The twin screw is the way to go

Ken

You better start investing in tires now Ryan. If I ever get ahold of one, it will be the first polished AR.

Last edited:
Back