SC Shootout - let the trash talking begin....

>Hmm....seems as though you are questioning if I am telling the truth so here is a copy of the email sent to one vendor.

Chill, big guy :)

To the contrary - And yes, I've seen all of your requests, but no follow-ups if something specific had worked out. That's why it seemed like a good time to ask.

I contacted Trent Poole/Steele Rubber directly about a certain weatherstripping and was told "At this time, there are no plans to offer.... We just don not get enough requests to justify what it would cost to produce it."

I had a '64 Fairlane 390 GT/A as a restoration project several years back, and the number of vendors with catalogs, etc. catering to that market made things much easier. Hopefully SC's can garner a similar level of support at some point in the future. Good luck w/your '95.

KMT,

Guess you talked to the wrong guy then....not the response I got from Eric Saltrick.

"Projects" take time. AL Rad alternative has been ongoing for over 5 years. Don't have any brake lines yet from folks either even though we (the club) have offered to pay for them. But at least I am trying.....repeatedly. But the thing folks might not realize is this is not just a restoration issue. Obsolete parts issues are going to park all our cars if we don't try to do all we can.

Back to the trash talking (within the rules of course) which is the real intent of this thread. But you are free to start another thread if you like to discuss this issue further.

Looks like I might be bringing a stock class contender. Dan, you better have your junk together by then! :p

Register Now !!!

Come on guys!!! Still only 31 names on the list!! You're running out of time to get registered for this. Only 16 days left untill the fun begins!!

Ira

For all you stock class folks... be glad I ain't gonna be there... you'd be owned :D.

Couldn't resist.

Frit

Back