SC Shootout - let the trash talking begin....

I'm probably going to sign up tonight but only as a spectator/carshow/dyno comp. I wont be drag racing on Sunday because I have an OVR Solo II event to attend in Columbus. I do plan on attending the banquet at the end of the shootout though.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

I'm probably going to sign up tonight but only as a spectator/carshow/dyno comp. I wont be drag racing on Sunday because I have an OVR Solo II event to attend in Columbus. I do plan on attending the banquet at the end of the shootout though.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Hey Shane...just a heads up, the banquet is on Saturday night this year.

Because it had degraded into a pissing contest filled with multiple examples of posting rule violations such as namecalling and questioning of motives so I deleted it.

Just because the subject may revolve around racing, doesn't mean that the posting rules don't apply.

If folks can't be civil I will delete any thread as I see fit.

Because it had degraded into a pissing contest filled with multiple examples of posting rule violations such as namecalling and questioning of motives so I deleted it.

Just because the subject may revolve around racing, doesn't mean that the posting rules don't apply.

If folks can't be civil I will delete any thread as I see fit.

Duffy,

I'll start a new thread. If it's not too time consuming, could you please delete the individual post that are in violation of the rules instead of the entire thread.

David

Well......you already have a list of folks registered. What is the purpose of another thread with the same info in it?

As to whether I will delete the entire thread or parse individual posts is depending on how much time it will take to do so. Also on how blatant the rule violations are by those that should know better by now.

Well......you already have a list of folks registered. What is the purpose of another thread with the same info in it?

As to whether I will delete the entire thread or parse individual posts is depending on how much time it will take to do so. Also on how blatant the rule violations are by those that should know better by now.

Duffy,

The purpose of that thread was to get people fired up about attending the Shootout. Same deal with challenging Jim to a match race. That's also why it was posted in non-tech instead of the racing or the events forums. It's all part of promoting our biggest event of the year.

I agree that people don't need to be violating the rules to participate in the thread.

David

I was going to attend the shootout I was getting really fired up about it, but since our chinese firedrill got squashed out, I have become very saddened about making the trip. :(

I'm sure some would be happy if I did that, but given I have been contacting restoration vendors of late and directing them to the site in hopes of getting them interested in supporting our cars I am not willing to expose them to your "fun". Couple that with my feeling that racing as a topic gives no one the right to violate the board posting rules AND given I have gotten complaints about people going too far........not going to happen. Now we all know there are other boards available for folks to carry on all they want so perhaps you could just move this "stuff" there huh?

duffy, can we as a group take a vote to ban a certain member to help clear things up? I am being serious, not trying to stir anything up

2008 Shootout

Looking good XR7 Dave the list is getting bigger

1) Mike Tuck
2) Will Smith
3) David Neibert
4) Doug Debiase
5) Ira Robinson
6) Bruce Burns
7) Scott Kalau
8) Rod Maksimovich
9) Jim Sanderson
10) Kurt Kriesz
11) Joe Kerns
12) Chris Lazzo
13) Brian Oatway
14) Cory Binks
15) John Radamski
16) James Smith
17) Tony Serno
18) Jim Demmitt
19) Lois Trapp
20) Brent Yarnell
21) Tom Siry
22) John Ludorf
23) Stephen Phillips
24) Mike Siska
25) John Peters
26) Alan Stewart
27) Chris Wise
28) Mark Belush

>I have been contacting restoration vendors of late and directing them to the site in hopes of getting them interested in supporting our cars

Oh, yeah - that's right...

>I am trying to restore the one I have (95 5 speed) this way with all original parts.

So, what kind of deals have you struck so far that others can take advantage of as well?

Hmm....seems as though you are questioning if I am telling the truth so here is a copy of the email sent to one vendor.

Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:51 PM
To: 'doug@smsautofabrics.com'
Subject: Inquiry and offer to help
Importance: High

Dear Sir,

My name is Mark Floyd. I am one of the Co-Administrators for the Super Coupe Club of America a not-for-profit car club oriented towards the 1989 to 1995 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupes as well as the similarly powered 1989-1990 Mercury Cougar XR7’s. You are invited to visit our club’s website at www.sccoa.com. We currently have over 600 members worldwide since we are primarily an internet based club.

As our cars age, it is getting increasingly difficult to maintain and improve the interior appearance of our cars. Since an aspect of our club is the preservation of these cars, we are contacting reproduction parts suppliers in the hopes they may make products available for our cars. Steele Rubber is one supplier that recently started producing replacement weather-stripping for these cars. For those suppliers that are not aware of our club, we are extending invitations to visit our site and to post advertisements on our board if you have products available to ensure our members are aware of your offerings. There is no fee for posting in our public forums and this provides another channel to market at no cost to you.

Since I am a prior customer of SMS, (I purchased new fabric for my 1992 Super Coupe which was a multi-colored tweed material…relatively rare) I also currently have a sample request pending for the 1995 Super Coupe I am restoring. I know you presently have products that would be of interest to our members. I would also offer the services of our members in identifying other materials used in this model.

Another problem we are having is due to the construction methods of the early model (89-93) door panels, the driver’s side handles often pull free of the panel partially due to plastic tab failure used to secure the handle. I believe this might be a business opportunity for your company if you would choose to reproduce these panels. While the materials and trim might vary, the basic panel is the same for all Thunderbirds of that era of which there were well over 500,000 cars made.

Thank you for your consideration. If there is anything we can do to assist your efforts please contact me. I hope to see an advertisement posting soon on our board. I would suggest placing it in the “New Products and Services” Forum.

Regards,

Mark “Duffy” Floyd

SMS Auto Fabric does have the material for at least several of our cars like the 92 ebony tweed material for door inserts and seats and the 95 med. opal cloth for the door inserts. I know cause I have purchased both. What else they might have for our cars is part of what I was trying to get them onboard to find out. Material costs about $80 a square yard. It should be noted though that I have no use for the door panels I asked about since I have an OEM NOS Panel I recently bought from Alpha Automotive who by the way I also directed to the site when I discussed my purchase with the owner and I posted information about them in the Restoration Forum when I found the panel so others were aware.

I guess you haven't been following my requests for trying to get 5 speed shifter boots, shifter knobs, leather shifter boots either huh? Steele Rubber has shown some interest in picking up the rubber and metal shifter boot. See this post????

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97499

Tried to buy any front diff bushings recently? Steele Rubber is willing to look at making those too though I think I have located the OEM Mfg. and may have a suitable substitute from them that retains OEM performance and even upgraded bushings for heavy duty use.

I have "struck" no deals with any suppliers that other can't get for themselves. I have never profitted by my association with this club at the expense of others.

Great...:mad: Why did the "Who is going to the Shootout" thread get deleted ?

David

I think because threads in this forum are now for discussion of new parts suppliers.
What I am trying to say is.
What does this have to do with racing?
The other thread while a little on the crazy side at least did have something to do with racing. I'm just hoping that people actually show up instead of just brag about their car.
Alan

Back