Need opinions on new tires!!

91BLOWNSC

I need some opinions on some tires.........Except that I have a few stipulations. The tires I have now have a really high sidewall. I was looking for something a lot lower in profile. And I need something that will last long because the ones I have now only lasted like 30,000 miles!!! They were michielan Pilots i do beleive. the rubber must have been really soft. Can anyone recommend some good tires and where they got them from. The ojnes I have now I paid 104 a peice for and i was thinkin maybe something a little cheap if possible.

Newbie,
I am in the same situation as you. I have Pirelli P4000 super touring 225 60x16 on my 95 sc. I went out looking for a 245 60x16 as the whell well isn't half filled by the 225 60's and I wanted to keep my original wheels as they are perfect. Anyway, if you go to tirerack.com they have great deals and reports on tires. I found a 235 60x16 from several manufactures that should give me a little more traction and look a little larger. I think the car looks great without lowering it.

Good Luck

JUST

I just bought new tires myself--- I was going for cheap ones in the low hundreds but i will say it sbetter in the long run to spring for the extra 40 or 50 bucks for each tire. Go to tirerack.com they have a billion to choose from with specs for each tire and reviews, thats where i just got mine from-- i got 255/45/ZR17 Firehawks for 171 each, went to firestone and they were 230 each-- much cheaper to buy online and tirerack will also give you a list of recommended installers around your area- good luck!
Damon 95 SC www.cardomain.com/id/frozenrope

Back