tested the new setup on the 1/8 mile

Kevin Leitem

went to the local 1/8 mile to test on the new setup today. I am pretty pleased with how it went. last year my best ever 1/8th time was 6.73. I wanted to take it easy on it and just get some datalogs. so i am running 10% less OD on the blower. didn't bother with new blower belts, just an old set. turned the transbrake down 1000 RPM. and it still ran a 6.75 with a decent amount of spin off the line and even some through 2nd gear. ( they don't prep this track at all)

the most exciting part was the intercooler. the run started with a 54 degree air intake temp and ended with a 57 degree temp. only thing that sucks is that my SCT software is now not working and i can't increase spark timing. with air temps down 150 degree I am sure i could add a couple more degrees of spark.

I am now seriously thinking about ditching the SCT crap and try the megasquirt. I am looking at the spectre EMS pro. They use the megasquirt system.

Last edited:
take videos once you go

Kevin, make sure you take video once you go to a 1/4 mile track. I know I am 1 of many that will want to see it run 9's:)

Uhhhhh...I guss I missed somthin'. I thought you were going to run a centrifugal blower. You were supposed to keep me informed of all changes/progress that goes into your car:D

Seriously though, just the IC upgrade thus far? Thats pretty good.

Chris

Nice time Kevin, Id love to go to the track to see it, but im stuck in school at Akron. I will agree though, there track prep sux. I run street tires, but its like driving on ice. Pittsburgh Raceway Park wasnt much better last time I went though.

Nice time Kevin, Id love to go to the track to see it, but im stuck in school at Akron. I will agree though, there track prep sux. I run street tires, but its like driving on ice. Pittsburgh Raceway Park wasnt much better last time I went though.

I'll let you know when i go to quakercity, that is fairly close to you. but doesn't look like i will be hitting the 1/4 till the shootout.

I'll let you know when i go to quakercity, that is fairly close to you. but doesn't look like i will be hitting the 1/4 till the shootout.

Same here, I didnt bring my car with me, didnt want it to get trashed, so Ill see you at the shootout. I call dibs, on a spin thru the parking lot since ive never ridden in it.:D

Uhhhhh...I guss I missed somthin'. I thought you were going to run a centrifugal blower. You were supposed to keep me informed of all changes/progress that goes into your car:D

Seriously though, just the IC upgrade thus far? Thats pretty good.

Chris

Charles at Magnum Powers wasn't too excited about my plans, and since he has done so much for me I felt i needed to keep the M90 a couple more years. but upgrades this year were SuperSix Motorsports stage 3 single port mustang heads, bigger solid roller cam, and electric water pump.

Any info on the Mustang heads Kevin? Valve size/flow numbers? Etc... At this point if you can just keep going in the right direction I call that success....so congrats on the 1/8th mile.

Any info on the Mustang heads Kevin? Valve size/flow numbers? Etc... At this point if you can just keep going in the right direction I call that success....so congrats on the 1/8th mile.

the heads are using 1.85 and 1.56 valve. as for flow numbers, I did not have that done. I really don't think there is much of a performance gain with them but more of a reliable head. supposed better heat treatment, supposed thicker deck, which measuring from head surface to bolt surface they are thicker and measuring from head surface to casting flange around the deck is also thicker, and also since the chances of these heads ever experiencing detonation when they were in a mustang is slim to none, they should be able to hold up longer.

Kevin Leitem said:
the most exciting part was the intercooler. the run started with a 54 degree air intake temp and ended with a 57 degree temp.
:eek:

Now THAT is impressive!

What kind of flow does your circulation pump deliver.. any idea?

:eek:

Now THAT is impressive!

What kind of flow does your circulation pump deliver.. any idea?

the pump is a meziere inline rated at 20 GPM. i was nervous if it was going to be enough, thought that i should of went with the 55 GPH. but seems the 20 will be just fine

FYI, that day was in the high 80's low 90's

Kevin,

I can wait to see it run at the Shootout. Did you get the tuning issues resolved ?

David

no, I got it running a good fuel mixture at WOT, but i had to crank up the fuel pressure to get there. now it runs way too rich while idling and want to load up pretty bad. but even if i get my sct software fixed, i will lose where i was with the tune and have to start over. so I think i will leave it alone till after the shootout. kinda sucks. I probably won't even hit a 1/4 mile track till the shootout. just want to get all the bugs worked out on the 1/8 first. but still ought to run a 10.5 even on the conserative setup. i really would of love to been able to turn up the wick and run a 9 for all of you.

Back