Votes: 6 3.6%
  • LeMans

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The Fast and the Furious

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Vanishing Point

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
If I can only pick one, I gotta go with the Bandit.

Next would be Gone in 60 seconds :)

-Melon

Of those choices, I would have to pick Smokey and the Bandit. Of course, you missed a whole bunch of classics, like Death Race 2000, Cannonball Run, Duel, Christine, Mad Max, and The Wraith to name a few.

i picked bullit, i had a hard time deciding between that and smokey and the bandit for those choices.

"First you bitch about the baby - then you bitch 'cause we're not married!"

>Death Race 2000, Cannonball Run, Duel, Christine, Mad Max, and The Wraith to name a few.

And Gumball Rally, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Blues Brothers, Thunder Road, Hollywood Knights, Corvette Summer, Road Warrior, Ronin, Viva Las Vegas, The French Connection, Tucker, The Italian Job, Greased Lightning, California Kid...

With a maximum of only 10 selections per poll, the burden is on you to put your own poll up if you don't like the choices here :)

But, hey - you could have 100 and someone would still whine like a dried out M90.

Last edited:
tough one

Great Poll.

I'm a big fan of car movies, and own alot of the ones listed.

I agree that Vin Bio Diesel is a douche, so that one is out.

Bullit I always considered a classic, and McQueen a legend. The chase scene is without a doubt one of the best. It's real and in '68 they weren't faking it.
but the movie as a whole a little weak...out

Think of a movie the has Burt Reynolds, Roger Moore, Farrah Fawcett, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr....How could you go wrong? NO! Cannonball Run was straight up a crap movie, and brought Jackie Chan to the world of cinema, to further spew crap films...out

Vanising Point was about a guy (Kowalski) who had a cool car as mentioned, and tried to drive from Denver to San Fran in 15hrs. Pops some pills, meets a wierdo in the desert, and tries to drve through a bull dozer with the sun in his eyes.....out

Days of Thunder was my favorite car movie when I was younger, it came out in a time when Tom Cruise was cool and could convince the audience that a guy named Cole Trickle who knew sweet F.A. about cars could win Daytona 500 on pure talent alone.

Smokey and the Bandit is top of the list. Burt is King as he wheels his 400 big block TA. Sally Fields, Jackie Gleason and Jerry Reed... whats not to like about a smart ~~~ cowboy burning rubber. The movie is about driving, and... moving a truck load of beer while out running the cops!...perfect in it's entirety

Smokey two and three get progressivley worse. In number III Burt's not even in the movie and Jerry is drivin' around with a pig sittin' shot gun.

Other good driving movies missed in the above posts are "Death Proof" and "Talladega Nights"...

i picked gone in 60 cause of the first one! my fav SC in a movie is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang! awesome movie, t-bird gets tons of screen time too!

Back