Votes: 6 3.6%
  • LeMans

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The Fast and the Furious

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Vanishing Point

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
the remake had nick cage and angelina jolie. the 1974 original was written produced starred in and directed by H.B. Halicki. he also did all the stunt driving for Eleanor and set a world record for a car jump that still stands today! he was unfortunately killed in a crash making the sequel...

West Bound and Down, 18 Wheels Are Rolling

We Gonna Do What They Say Can't Be Done

We've Got A Long Way To Go, And A Short Time To Get There

I'm West Bound, Just Watch Ol' Bandit Run!"

Smokey and the Bandit for me....Heck, I've even got an unopened,still in the wrapper,original 8-track cassette soundtrack of the movie......:D:D

days of thunder had tons of mn12s in it

between 89-97 nascar ran a thunderbird chassis as a stock car

back when stock car racing was cool

christine.gif
i mean what other 'car' movie is there?

American Griffiti

The HOT ROD culture at is purest!
Cruising, burger joints, picking up chicks, street racing, fist fights, all different tastes in cars AND women. The nerd, the jock, the greaser(hot rodder), the stranger(bad guy). Just a typical friday night in America!

I love cruising Dairy Queen on RT 9, in our rival town(Spencer), park the cars and hang out wearing our HS colors(Leicester, Maroon/Gold/White) in their town! NO WORRIES OF DRIVE BY'S OR SHOOTINGS! Things were settle on the street(run a dark back road to call out a handling challenger) (Run the Podunk Pike straight out for drag race and top end debates)
At the parking lot on Main street in Worcester(Webster Sq) Pizza Hut, Kick the tire BS talk, unless someone wnated to get serious! Then it was a run to the top and back down Airport hill!!
All types of cars, people, walks of life, I can remember... MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY WHEELS so I can go hang out... EVERYTHING else gets set aside when it comes to cars... American Graffiti every friday/saturday night in America!

There is one more good chase scene movie. Not american iron but the set is the south of France. Audi S8 late 70's BM 6.9. Some turboed Renault and others. The movie is Ronin, Robert De Niro was in it with a number of European actors. In addition to the good chase scene, the plot is pretty good, cat and mouse type spy theme.

There was the George Clooney Nicole Kidman movie Peacemaker. Pretty good chase scene with some more European iron.

The last in the Bourne series. The chase scene where Matt Damon absolutely beats the snot out of a Chevy Impala NY city squad car. The back end of the car is falling off in pieces and it still is running down the road.

I have to say Bullitt is the best. Back in '68 it was all real. The puffs of smoke out the Stang tailpipes as McQueen shifted. He did some double clutching in there too. The scene where he is backing up and the wheel hop gets real bad. I have Bullitt on Blu Ray, makes that chase scene even better. Might have to go home tonight and watch it.

Dude, EAST bound and down:D

RIP Jerry Reed

Dude, EAST bound and down:D

RIP Jerry Reed

DUDE,
East bound and down is the name of the song and the chorus as we know it.
BUT in the movie they had a verse they used only in the movie as they were headed to Texarkana to pick up the Coors.

Never hear that verse ANYWHERE else.

DUDE,
East bound and down is the name of the song and the chorus as we know it.
BUT in the movie they had a verse they used only in the movie as they were headed to Texarkana to pick up the Coors.

Never hear that verse ANYWHERE else.

Your right. I thought I jnew that movie well. I stand corrected.
Never picked that up in all the times I watched it.

Ronin has some great scenes. I particularly like the BMW M5 chase scene.

The original Italian Job. My favorite movie as a kid.

Just saw Grand Prix recently. Another great car movie.

Little known are the "Driver" shorts from BMW Films. They got the likes of Guy Ritchie, John Frankenheimer, Ang Lee et. al. to make 10 minute shorts featuring BMWs. Originally posted on line as an advertising campaign, the movies were available on DVD to BMW Club members and I'm sure you can watch them on YouTube.

Of the list provided here, I'd probably pick Bullit.

I picked Vanishing Point. Probably because of the age I was when I first saw it. I was older when I saw Bullet on TV.

I can't come up with any really remarkable current generation "car" movie. Maybe Pixar's Cars? Perhaps Grand Torino counts?

Movies with some great car scenes/chases
Ronin
Quantum of Solace (opening scene)
Most Borne movies have some sort of crazy chase.
The Fifth Element (flying cars)
there are others, I'm blanking.

Some of my favorites

What about these ones...

Cars (2006)
Mad Max
Iron Man (love the R8)
The Transporter
Bad Boys II

And the worst car movie:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (not a favorite)
The Love Bug

Gone in Sixty Seconds

Great movie, great cast!!! I remember sitting in the theater during the chase scene when they are in the spillways and thinking "Man it would be cool if that Mustang had Nitro", then GO BABY GO!!!

I picked Gone In 60 Seconds before I saw it was the remake version, the original is the best. Good points about Smokey and the Bandit, I probably have to go with that one.
I think Bullitt has the best car scene ever but it's not enough to call the whole movie a car movie for me.
There are 3 or 4 on the list I haven't seen.

Back