• LeMans

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The Fast and the Furious

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Vanishing Point

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Bullet? really

I had to pick Smokey and the Bandit. American Graffiti was right there.

I had heard bullet had such a great chase scene in it. But it was really terrible when it came to the cinematographic. Like from how many angles did they splice together the same turn? The last time I counted the VW appears 4 times and the Firebird 5. The 5th time was a different scene. Steve McQeen though was a real driver. It Was much better than the new car chase close ups where you really cannot see the action. Fake as all he-double-toothpicks.

It's early in the morning and I just watched Massa from the cockpit cam run a practice lap for the Monaco GP.

An unbelieveable piece of work, wall to wall from 25 mph to 170mph.

Then they mention a new movie by Ron Howard coming out in 2013.

If it has half of what I saw in this practice run, put on film, I'm nominating a new candidate.

It profiles N. Lada, J. Hunt and M Andretti.

Movie is called "Rush"

Paul

car chase scene

Sorry guys but bein a thunderbird lover my favorite is the chase scene is in the movie Jade. Its a blacked out T bird with a sweet wing and rear window louvers. Its being chased by an old school taurus. (kinda lame but still is a god chase scene) You can look it up on youtube and watch just the car scene. Just my 2 cents.

Smokey and the Bandit

Gotta love a movie that makes "Loaded up and Truckin" the coolest job around. Great movie. Speaking of car & chase movies that include Big Rigs....

Has anyone seen Convoy? "This here's the Rubber Duck"

And Black Dog? Patrick Swaze's drivin the ole Peterbuilt when they run over something. "What was that??? It was just a Mazda"

Semi chase scenes are some good stuff too!

Gotta love a movie that makes "Loaded up and Truckin" the coolest job around. Great movie. Speaking of car & chase movies that include Big Rigs....

Has anyone seen Convoy? "This here's the Rubber Duck"

Yeah, I saw both, and I liked the end of Convoy, "You ever seen a duck that can't swim"? :p

Who can forget the chase scenes from the Terminator 1,2 &3.

Especially the Toyota Tundra being chased by the Tractor Trailor Craine, ending with the later getting flipped over a manhole!

But notwhithstanding all the other chase/car movies not included in this poll, Vanishing Point with Bullit a close second.

Who can forget the chase scenes from the Terminator 1,2 &3.

Especially the Toyota Tundra being chased by the Tractor Trailor Craine, ending with the later getting flipped over a manhole!

But notwhithstanding all the other chase/car movies not included in this poll, Vanishing Point with Bullit a close second.

Vanishing Point is in the poll, it was not clear if it was the first gritty one, or the crappy remake. How about Cannon ball run, or Gumball rally?

The Matrix 2 had a great scene in it that had Semi's, cars, SUV's, motorcycles, Trinity & those bad Agents too!

My dad really liked "Corvette Summer" but my favorite is "Gran Torino"... Even though the movie wasn't REALLY about the car.

-RL

I'm going to say gone in 60 seconds - 2000 because they show the largest variety of car's. But all great movies I own most of them.

I never get tired of that rolling van scene in "Inception".

I love it when the Ford Econoline starts up and keeps driving:D

-RL

Back