new best time 9-6-08

Kevin Leitem

only 1/8th mile again. but went to same track, left everything the same as last week, first pass was 6.77. second pass raised shift point 100 RPM ran 6.69 last pass raised transbrake 200 RPM ran a 6.68.

Last edited:
only 1/8th mile again. but went to same track, left everything the same as last week, first pass was 6.77. second pass raised shift point 100 RPM ran 6.69 last pass raised transbrake 200 RPM ran a 6.68.

Kevin,

Sounds like it's working good....what kind of MPH were you getting ?

David

That cool intake charge is really getting it done. Now to keep from raising the heads!!! :D

Kevin, do you plan to increase the timing with the new low air charge temps?

with my SCT tuning software not working, i am stuck with it, but i would love to. i think it needs some more. but at least it should be safe. i always wait till the end of the year to really turn up the wick anyway

If one can ask, how much timing do you usually run?? And when you say "turn up the wick" how far do you feel safe going to?

Ira

If one can ask, how much timing do you usually run?? And when you say "turn up the wick" how far do you feel safe going to?

Ira

last year i was running 28 when i was running 43% OD now at 33% and 150 degree cooler intake charge i feel 31 would still be OK. later in the year when i go back to 43 i probably will start with 29. and probably try up to 31

so this year i have been running 28

but i am very open to opinions

Last edited:
last year i was running 28 when i was running 43% OD now at 33% and 150 degree cooler intake charge i feel 31 would still be OK. later in the year when i go back to 43 i probably will start with 29. and probably try up to 31

so this year i have been running 28

Interesting..... thanks Kevin.

Ira

Cool deal Kevin, can't wait to see that bad boy in person or on video runnin some awsome 1/4 times!

Back