Need help identifying what sensor this is

Supercharged86

Hey guys while tearing the engine down we found a sensor that look to be broken off. I dont know if we broke it, or if it was already broke, but I dont know what it is. Please help me identify what it is. Thanks.

SC2.jpg

Mine broke when i pulled me engine too. Common problem?? get the right one?? i got the one that Orielly said was for the car? is it easy to get the wrong one?

Thanks guys, but I do have one more question. My engine is a '91 and the harness I got for it is a '95, so do I get the '91 or '95 knock sensor?

what car is engine going in>?

If its the 95 engine in an earlier car you use your early harness but also need to swap misc parts from your old engine to make everything work right. What exactly are you doing

what car is engine going in>?

If its the 95 engine in an earlier car you use your early harness but also need to swap misc parts from your old engine to make everything work right. What exactly are you doing

I'm putting a Supercoupe engine in my 1986 Mercury Capri. I have a complete computer and harness from a '95 SC and a complete engine from a '91 SC

Something tells me you are going to have issues with that 95 computer on a 91 engine. I will let the pro`s answer this.

Something tells me you are going to have issues with that 95 computer on a 91 engine. I will let the pro`s answer this.

Well I hope not, I'll wait to see what the pro's say. I have a tuner ready to take on the job if needed, but I'll take any help you guys offer

If it's a 95 ECU with it too you'll run into problems unless you use the 36lb injectors and the late model MAF. But if you were planning on some mods for the motor you might as well put in 42#ers and a C&L so it will run without a tune, but you should still get one.

It's not hard to run an 89-93 off a 94-95 computer and harness. Especially if youre not trying to splice harnesses together. Start by running the 36lb injectors and MAF, or counting on a tune after it's finished. You'll also need to pick up a 94-95 front cover and crank sensor, as well as the 94-95 balancer.

Back