Folks grab a seat its "SHOWTIME"

Jim,

Sorry if you missunderstood, but I wasn't asking for engine building advice. Just letting you know I was bringing my other car and why...and confirming that you were still up for a match race.

David

David

Thats no problem we can get lined up in time runs I like to run Mike Siska if he is enterd we both could set some record times side by side that would be neat. David to be honest putting all this aside just meeting you again would be a pleasure sportsmanship is top standerd in anything I do and friendship is number 1

David

Thats no problem we can get lined up in time runs I like to run Mike Siska if he is enterd we both could set some record times side by side that would be neat. David to be honest putting all this aside just meeting you again would be a pleasure sportsmanship is top standerd in anything I do and friendship is number 1

Looking forward to it Jim....see you in a couple weeks.

David

GO TEAM SBR,if you running 11's why the bottle.JIM think i should bring mine,you know the story on it.what ya think.

Last edited:
>why would someone add nitrous when it's already running mid 11s

Got me...why?

I mean, when isn't a bottle-fed ride like a gun with a hair trigger.

Sure would have made for great theater at the shoot-out, tho. Didn't happen to run any video, just for grins?

Last edited:

Got me...why?

Sure would have made for great theater at the shoot-out, tho. Didn't happen to run any video, just for grins?
The video isn't nearly as cool as when Chirs Wise shot a couple of red-hot valves out of his tailpipe....that was cool to watch on video.

Got me...why?

Why?....because I already had it on the car from when I was running mid 12s without nitrous and high to mid 11s with it. After getting the AR it ran quicker without nitrous than the old combo did with nitrous. Since I already had it, I thought I might as well try using it and see what happens. A 10.9 followed by a 10.6 is what happened :cool:

I have already supplied my share of theater at Shootouts. If it was going to break, I'd rather break it here. Testing to make sure everything was okay and ready to race, was the main reason for going to the track. Obviously everything wasn't okay. Chances are very good that I'll remove the nitrous system while making this round of repairs.

Yes there is a video of the HG failure, but there isn't much to see except for a huge cloud of steam coming out the back of the car.

David

GO TEAM SBR,if you running 11's why the bottle.JIM think i should bring mine,you know the story on it.what ya think.

I think you should bring your SC to the Shootout, even if you don't want to race. It's a great way to see a bunch of nice cars and meet a bunch of even nicer people.

David

match races

Jim, if you and I make it to Xenia for the Shootout, I'd be happy to line up with you for a match race. Just like in 2004 at Norwalk when Coy and I faced off. Lets hope fuel prices don't go off the deep end, because of Ike in the Gulf this weekend.

Mike.........;)

Jim, if you and I make it to Xenia for the Shootout, I'd be happy to line up with you for a match race. Just like in 2004 at Norwalk when Coy and I faced off. Lets hope fuel prices don't go off the deep end, because of Ike in the Gulf this weekend.

Mike.........;)

Mike

That would be perfect looking forward to it like you and Coy did and it will be a pleasure to meet you. I am with you on the fuel prices lets cross our fingers they dont sky rocket due to "IKE" have a very safe trip there

Last edited:
I've got a friend in Alabama that said fuel prices rose to $6.00 a gallon for 87 yesterday where she lives :eek: :(

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Like repeatedly cutting 1.6X 60ft times in a 4000+ lb car isn't asking for touble in and of itself :)

Really, there's a few of us that do that all the time. Why would that be an issue. Few of these cars actually run low 1.5's and high 1.4's. If you aren't leaving hard then you aren't running hard. :confused:

The real issue is keeping them running after beating on them all the time LOL!!
:)

The real issue is keeping them running after beating on them all the time LOL!!

True...Chris Wise came over and helped me pull the heads off my 91 today. It's pretty screwed up. Motor is going to have to come out to fix it :(

David

True...Chris Wise came over and helped me pull the heads off my 91 today. It's pretty screwed up. Motor is going to have to come out to fix it :(

David

I know the feeling Dave. Mine will be coming out too unfortunately. But its been a long time coming. Hope to get started on it this week.

Guess its time to get rid of the stocker and step it up.:)

I've got a friend in Alabama that said fuel prices rose to $6.00 a gallon for 87 yesterday where she lives :eek: :(

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

That's odd because here were the storm actually hit the one and only station that you could buy gas which was using a generator to run the pumps was selling reg unleaded for 3.58 a gallon the line however was a mile or so long.

Charles

Back