O/T 2004 Mustang

rookie94sc

Ok so fords redesgning the 2004 Mustang... and supposedly this is what it's gonna look like...

2004 Ford Mustang (Redesign)
2004_rear.jpg

2004front.jpg

2004Mustang1.jpg

2004Mustang2.jpg

don't you think this should be what the redesigned 2004 mustang should look like? I think ford needs to try and get more owner opinions before setting on a design...
2004Mustang.jpg

I was really hoping for something like the concept you put up in that last picture. Those others look like Saturns to me, and that's just plain wrong. Never been a big fan of the fox body, squat styled Mustangs. My first car was a '66 and there was nothing short and squat about it. Mustang enthusiasts don't even consider the Mustang II a real Mustang, but they've all looked more like that than the originals ever since. Wonder if they changed the high sitting position?

Maybe that's why I love this SC so much? It's more like what I would picture a proper Mustang to be like, except for the weight. Would be nice to see that new Cobra engine in here. ;)

Last edited:
Who cares..All I know is MM & FF got the new cobra doing an 11.6 with only a stock lightning blower pully. no air filter and ET streets!!!!!...Shoulda got a v8 lmao..Anyway I heard teh new stang will be 2005...

you know some of those mustang freaks will love the new design but since ford done the thunderbird like the old one why not dop the mustangs like that too it would be a kool year for ford but they dont want that they have some forigen guy drawling the new designs and it just happen to be the guy that designed the rsx and fords big wig like the design of the rsx because his wife or mistress drives one so he made the new design the new body style it is just sick to think that ford the one that started the car craze is now going jap on us it think that just once they need some real americans designing cars not the japs i know if henry was still alive he would never let that design of the mustang off the assemblie line but son bill is in charge and he dont know what he wants to make or really care what he makes as long as he makes millions each year so he can go golf and keep his mistress in her new car and house
i like the last pic you posted that would be a sharp design for the new stangs it would get some heads to turn even with the old guys just like the bird did

Well that very first pic of the rear end didn't look so bad, and I didn't start to vomit until I saw the front of that silver one at the end. GM and Toyota must have designed this one, another play off the Pontiac cocroach.. rather Aztec. The very last one looks excellent, however.

Yeah, I'm with BlackAnSC. That's got "RSX" written all over it. Will Ford quit it with the retro concept already? It's like seeing a 60-year old lady in spandex trying to relive her younger years.

the first thing that poped in to my mind when i saw the rear end was Saturn. and hey, some old chicks are HOTT!!!! LOL. jk

Keep in mind that Ford has to fit new models on existing assembly lines. If they have a basic production floorpan in existance, they are not going to make a brand new one for just one car.

Looks like they are going to fit it on the Lincoln LS basic structure.

After the attempt to make it FWD in the mid 80's, I doubt ford will go that route. Somewhere around 83, a FWD Stang was proposed but after 500,000 letters, ford turned the project into what became the probe.

The back end reminds of a 2003 Mercedes 280/Acura CL and sides a'la Mercury Cougar(Holy deadcat Batman!!!) Not good.

probepower

I'd have to say even the Probe looked better than this Mustang, especially the newer style Probe. The back isn't too bad, the front is terrible.

Back