weight relocation

Roadhawg

After the lack of traction issue at the drag strip, I decided to move the battery to the trunk, to transfer weight. To clean up under the hood, I also decided to relocate the fuse box as well. I know it is a Mustang, but that is all SC engine under the hood. :cool:

Attachments

• BatteryRelocate.jpg
    BatteryRelocate.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 128
did you put a battery kill switch on it? if relacated NHRA needs a kill switch

Using the Flaming river Battery/Magneto kill switch. I am going to connect the
Red/Lt Green coil wire to the Magneto kill portion. That way the switch kills the 12v and the engine as required by NHRA.

Looks real nice Todd, after you get it done you can come over and help me do the same thing.........:D

So I was checking out prices at Jegs and Summitt and for that switch and box it's about $200, right?

Last edited:
Looks real nice Todd, after you get it done you can come over and help me do the same thing.........:D

So I was checking out prices at Jegs and Summitt and for that switch and box it's about $200, right?

Do not forget another 100 bucks for the Cables.......... :rolleyes:

After the lack of traction issue at the drag strip, I decided to move the battery to the trunk, to transfer weight. To clean up under the hood, I also decided to relocate the fuse box as well. I know it is a Mustang, but that is all SC engine under the hood. :cool:

What is the second (what looks like a radiator cap) to the right of the DIC??

I think I might go with the Jeg's version for the switch and battery box, they're still NHRA legal and I can save about $65.

My headers came in today, They were the uncoated steel ones so I gave them a coat of VHT, very high temperature header paint, silica and ceramic coating and it's rated for temps between 1300-2000 degrees.

Attachments

• headers 003.JPG
    headers 003.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 73
  • headers 005.JPG
    headers 005.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 77
I'm sorry I missed the number in that post.....

He hasn't had it down the 1/4 mile yet but I have ridden in it on the street and it really impressed me. I believe it weighs 3200 lbs with Todd in it and dyno'd at 343 RWHP so I would guess that's it's capable of a mid to lo 12 sec. in the quarter.

Last edited:
Back