• 28/11.50-16

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 27/10.50-16

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 27/11.50-16

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

HRTBIRD

Looking to get input from you guys on the more common 16" bead size drag tires that are currently getting used. Also if there would be any interest in a 27" tall tire as well. Trying to get some things going on my end to give us a few more options.

Too many Variables

You haven't listed any mods on the car, so it is very hard to make any educated guesses on tire selection. It really depends on gearing, HP, Wheel size,...etc. Some more information would be very helpful.

Smitty

I've got a set of 26X10.5-16's. Noticed someone at the shootout had 27's which are just about the same diameter as stock size. If for some reason you would be interested, I might sell mine. I still have the receipt for buying them last week. Only 4 passes on them, and I did very short burn-outs. Still look brand new. Let me know.

Chris

Last edited:
Not looking for tires for my car just input from you guys as to what is more popular size wise. Trying to get our product manager to build some newer sizes to give us some more options than just the M/T's. I appreciate the replys though. Eriks

Thats what I was thinkng too Alan. Made sense to our product manager too since we have a 26 and 28 offering right now, this would fall right in the middle. I haven't had a chance to talk to him lately to see if there is any progress though. I also need to email or pm you on your AOD shift kit. I got a few questions about it. Eriks

What brand are you associated with?

I would like to see a bias ply 28 by a tru 10" wide street tire.

Hoosier has a good 28x10x16 and Micky Thompson has a 28x11.5x16 which only measures 8.5 wide at the tread. The hoosier is tru 10".

Need the street tire for the fun ford tru street class and be able to get traction.

I work for Hoosier. When you're talking about the Hoosier's in your post I'm guessing you are referring to the full slick? If so to answer your question we offer a 28x11.50-16 Quick Time Pro which is a DOT rated tire. It has a true 10 inches(+/- 1/8") of tread width. This is our tire that compares to the ET Streets. Let me Know if this answers your question.

I work for Hoosier. When you're talking about the Hoosier's in your post I'm guessing you are referring to the full slick? If so to answer your question we offer a 28x11.50-16 Quick Time Pro which is a DOT rated tire. It has a true 10 inches(+/- 1/8") of tread width. This is our tire that compares to the ET Streets. Let me Know if this answers your question.

Yes thanks I'll check em out.

Doesn't look like a 27" tire is going to happen guys. Just not enough demand for them in the 16" bead sizes. They just can't justify building them right now. I'll let you know if I find out anything in the future.

Back