New best time.

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Well after some hiccups with my new combo over the last few weeks since it was installed, I had a first pass pull of 12.35 beating my previous best of 12.618 from more than 3 years ago....it seems my transmission problems may finally be a thing of the past. I threw the spare tire and jack back in the car and cut my best 60' ever of 1.67 and managed to run a 12.15. And finally, during qualifying when the density altitude was about 2300' I ran my new best of 12.1378, here's the details:

60 ft - 1.7097
330 ft - 4.9988
1/8 ET - 7.7459
1/8 mph - 89.66
1/4 ET - 12.1378
1/4 mph - 111.97

Shooting for 11's before the end of the year, if the weather and track cooperates.

Congrats on the runs. What do you think you need to tweak to get into the 11's? Driving changes, or car changes?

thats great, what changes did you make since the 12.6 run?

He didn't break the transmission!! :D

Seriously Kurt ran the heck out that machine all day long. It was good to see the car hold together for an entire event. You should have seen the grin on his face all day. may have even made up for his "lack of sleep" the night before :eek: :rolleyes:

Ira

Kurt, Awesome number's. You most be pumped! What do you have currently to make that power? Is it the same as your member page? Just curious.

Stephen

thats great, what changes did you make since the 12.6 run?

Well, I only made a couple of changes. A DirtyD0g 8.5" converter, replaced 50lb injectors with 60lb injectors, and replaced my Magnusen S-Port M90 with a 2.0L AR :D

Congrats on the runs. What do you think you need to tweak to get into the 11's? Driving changes, or car changes?
I think with good weather and removing my spare tire and jack from the trunk and removing the passenger seat, I can get into the 11's. If that doesn't do it, borrowing a set of skinnies will do the trick....my Foose wheels weigh 65lbs each :eek:

He didn't break the transmission!! :D

Seriously Kurt ran the heck out that machine all day long. It was good to see the car hold together for an entire event. You should have seen the grin on his face all day. may have even made up for his "lack of sleep" the night before :eek: :rolleyes:

Ira
Yes Ira, I am very happy that the car held together for an entire event and with the results of the AR. You had a pretty big grin on your face too. Looks like your getting the driver mod figured out :)

I'm going to GIR tonight.....you guys gonna make it?
Not tonight, I'll be installing my new 4-post lift :) I do want to get there one last time before the season ends, but not until after the Club Clash in Iowa

Kurt, Awesome number's. You most be pumped! What do you have currently to make that power? Is it the same as your member page? Just curious.

Stephen
Just as listed on my member's pages, with the exception of the changes I listed above.

Nice runs Kurt, you were solid all day. I definately think you can pick up an 11 before winter, a few less pounds and you've got it.

You da man, Kurt! It was fun watching you go faster each time. It should be for some good times next year when Tony gets his stuff figured out.

Ira if you recall correctly you're the one who told Steven that we could pick up a 10th if we pulled our interiors. No sooner were you out of my pit and he was pulling seats out of my car. Then I see him stacking the seats off behind my trailer with a blanket over them and I tell him I'm not that worried about the stuff getting dirty. He just laughed and said he covered them so you couldn't see my seats out from your pit.

Did you find that tool box he stashed in your trunk??

.......of course he was nowhere to be found when I needed to put it all back together.

Last edited:
Ira if you recall correctly you're the one who told Steven that we could pick up a 10th if we pulled our interiors. No sooner were you out of my pit and he was pulling seats out of my car. Then I see him stacking the seats off behind my trailer with a blanket over them and I tell him I'm not that worried about the stuff getting dirty. He just laughed and said he covered them so you couldn't see my seats out from your pit.

Did you find that tool box he stashed in your trunk??

.......of course he was nowhere to be found when I needed to put it all back together.

...of course not -lol-

Ira

Kurt has easy 11's....didn't even pull his passenger seat.

Luckily I got to line up with him for our first runs of the day. It was funny, he had that same look on his face like, "if this thing melts down into a firey mess and I slide through the traps stradling a broken AOD, I will not be surprised in the least." Then he completely waxed me (and I ran 12's) to produce that kickazz 12.3X and it was like it was a whole new day :)

Good job on fighting that snow problem to the bitter end!

better air alone should get you in the 11's, all that other stuff will just get you deeper in them. good job!

Since Im not much of a drag racer, Kevin, are you saying track and air conditons were not good sunday, I know it was hot out which hurts ACT's but that makes for a sticky track tho no?

Back