New best time for me as well. In fact a new best day! Here's the slip:

R/T: .644
60': 1.698
330: 5.087
1/8: 7.826
mph: 91.68
1/4: 12.128
mph: 114.55

Spent the rest of the day chasing that run and ended up locked in between 12.21 & 12.25. Never could duplicate that 60' time though I did run a best of 116.58 mph on a 12.25 pass later in the day.

A great weekend all in all and I must say I am pretty damn pleased to see the driver mod finally starting to perform as expected. It was also nice to be able to duplicate last years power on the dyno, and even better that we drove the car home without incident!

So thanks again to SCU for the power package and to everyone else who broke my chops all year so I would start to get it right.

Ira :D

Congrats Ira. Looks like I'll have to come after you next year :) And yes, the driver mod seemed to be working well.

Congrats Ira. Looks like I'll have to come after you next year :) And yes, the driver mod seemed to be working well.

Thanks Kurt. Yea, well, it's about ----- time it started to work!! :D

Now we just have to work on fine tuning it ;)

And I think you may have it backwards. I think you had me yesterday what with your front wheels and all that ballast you were throwing in the trunk! But it will be fun finding out no matter what.

Ira

Ira, congrats on those nice consistant numbers. Your car is awesome and you get that 5-speed dialed in it's gonna be a beast. Our run down the track together was a blast.

I think it's great that you can run those numbers then drive it home.

Big Balls!!

Ira, congrats on those nice consistant numbers. Your car is awesome and you get that 5-speed dialed in it's gonna be a beast. Our run down the track together was a blast.

I know. I might have given Kurt a run for his money had I stayed in Mod3 but I certainly wasn't going to just sit there and let you just get a bye and not make you earn the win. Oh, and the chicken wings in the staging lanes was a nice touch -LOL- I wish someone had a picture of that!!

It was also a shame you didn't stale the car on the second run too! :eek: :p Kidding, really!! :D

It was great though. I knew I needed to find 2 tenths and thought I could get close to even on the launch and the 60' and then see who had the most pulling power, but I just didn't get it done. Red lighting probably didn't help much either. :eek:

And of course not knowing that you lightened the car by 75lbs right before the race and that I would have needed over 3 tenths was an interesting surprise afterwards :eek: But it was great fun!!

I think it's great that you can run those numbers then drive it home.

Big Balls!!

Gail keeps reminding me it's supposed to be a regular old street car of the take it to work everyday variety. And so far so good.

It's funny though that this year on the drive home she actually asked me if we wanted to look into maybe trailering it next year :eek: Women.... :rolleyes:

Ira

Thank you David. It's nice to finally start feeling the power in the car and I hope I can keep improving a little each time out.

Ira

You better!!! Or you know I'll be on you like stink on ****! You get the picture. LOL:D

You're getting there Ira, Come on down!!!!;)

COngrats Ira!!! What did you change different from last year to net you a .5 second drop in ET? I smell a trip to Island to grudge match the Benz against the SC!!

And before you ask no the SC is not running.. Ive left a simple task to Jr and 3 months later its nowhere near done. Just wanna see how long it goes before it gets done.

COngrats Ira!!! What did you change different from last year to net you a .5 second drop in ET? I smell a trip to Island to grudge match the Benz against the SC!!

And before you ask no the SC is not running.. Ive left a simple task to Jr and 3 months later its nowhere near done. Just wanna see how long it goes before it gets done.

No changes. Just starting to get more comfortable with it again. I knew it was only a matter of time, I just hoped it wouldn't take years! :D

I am exceeding all of my expectations though.

Ira

Congrats on the great time Ira, it's great to see some 5 speed guys getting down near 11's and some prop's for a change.

Back