New Best Time!

Micahdogg

Gotta keep up with everyone else.

Previous best was 12.51 @ 109.2 with a 1.77 60ft.

New best was:

.7638 - Reaction
1.745 - 60ft
5.223 - 330ft
7.998 - 1/8th mile
88.78 - 1/8th mph
12.42 - 1/4 mile
109.53 - 1/4 mph

This year I swapped my iron, open diff with 3.31's for an all aluminum, trac-lock 3.27 diff with fairly fresh friction plates (thanks to Doug Williams). The difference in weight was 17lbs. I also decided to remove my passenger seat at the track this year. With that kind of weight reduction, if I could replicate last year's run that should have put me into the 12.40's.....and it did.

The car was down by about 7 HP on the dyno from last year's numbers and I had a bit more fuel than I wanted, but with the extra bit I got in 60ft helped. I really wish I could have put down a few more passes because I was getting quicker and quicker with each pass (12.95, 12.72, 12.66, 12.42) as I was starting to figure things out again.

How often do you get to the track? Looks like you were really getting it figured out throughout the day.

I was not aware you got the car to go that fast man, congrat's, when we were talking sat night about it, you did say it will go a 12.2-12.4. Awesome man, just get those bloody line locks :p

Yeh I had a pretty good seat to watch that run. My car fell off to a 12.91 for some crazy reason..... Congrats on your new best!!!

I hadn't been to the track since last shootout. And then, I only pulled one real 5000 rpm launch. So it took me a little bit to get my launch down and then adjust tire pressure. I was really chasing some 12.30's with about 3 more runs (I needed 2 more to get me mad enough).

That's ok though....looks like I'll be hitting the track again in a couple weeks so god willing and with a little luck I'll do a little more of what I think it can do.

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Corey

You were definately getting that thing working. I don't get to the track nearly enough either.

I hadn't been to the track since last shootout. And then, I only pulled one real 5000 rpm launch. So it took me a little bit to get my launch down and then adjust tire pressure. I was really chasing some 12.30's with about 3 more runs (I needed 2 more to get me mad enough).

That's ok though....looks like I'll be hitting the track again in a couple weeks so god willing and with a little luck I'll do a little more of what I think it can do.

Good job Dogg! What rpm are you shifting from 3rd to 4th? Can you just hold it alittle longer? Or maybe just get a slightly taller tire?

Good job Dogg! What rpm are you shifting from 3rd to 4th? Can you just hold it alittle longer? Or maybe just get a slightly taller tire?

Get taller tires. I am using 27's and am seriously thinking about getting a set of 28's. And don't ask 'cause I can't remember what my rpm's are when I hit the traps - I just know I'm well into 4th gear by then.

Ira

Back