New Best Time

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
I might as well chime in as well.

Previous Shootout numbers were 13.27 @ 105 with a 1.89 60ft. Burning up a piston in the process. My day was done after 3 passes,.

This year was much better here are the results:

Time Trial # 2

RT: .552
60ft: 1.751
330ft 5.2191
1/8th 8.064
1/4 12.6391
MPH 107.62

Followed that up with almost an identical run, but better:
Time Trial #3

RT: .505 :D
60ft: 1.766
330ft 5.221
1/8th 8.0551 (New Best as I usually run 1/8th mile during the year)
1/4 12.6350
MPH 106.20

The best part is that I was able to Win Mod II, and was able to drive it on the trailer with no issue other than a front Supercharger Seal spewing Fluid everywhere on every run.

Had a great time and look forward to running well next year.

Hope everyone made it home safely even if you didn't post.

Take Care,
Smitty

Last edited:
Nice job at going for broke, and not breaking! You were really in my head before qualifying. I had only put down a 12.66 at that time and you were beating that with a leaking M90!

Smitty, What is you current setup? Is it different than the list on the member page?

Stephen

P.S. Great job, congrats

Congrats Smitty !

BTW, I thought it was funny that your wife didn't want me to get anywhere near your car...didn't want any of my bad luck to rub off :D

David

Well!!!

Congrats Smitty !

BTW, I thought it was funny that your wife didn't want me to get anywhere near your car...didn't want any of my bad luck to rub off :D

David

You gotta admit with your "reputation at breaking something at every shootout" as Dave D put it, was a little scary. I was a little nervous too that some of your bad Mojo may just finds it's way into my engine and I certainly didn't need that for a second year in a row. ;) LOL

Anyway it was nice being able to make all 7 passes and still be able to say it isn't broke. Like I said I will have to replace the snout seal, but if that is all I have to do after the shootout, I will take it and run. :D

See Ya!
Smitty

Updated

Smitty, What is you current setup? Is it different than the list on the member page?

Stephen

P.S. Great job, congrats

Stephen,
Everything was correct except I hadn't added the Intake and Head porting I had done by a guy here locally that did work on Nascar Busch Engines a while back, as well as the new Cam, Valve, Springs, and Roller Rocker supplied by SCU (aka Dave Dalke).

Thanks,
Smitty

Back