1/8 mile best

Dan McEwen

While all you guys were having a blast at the Shoot Out :)and I was stuck at home :(I did get to run up to the local 1/8 mile and take out some frustration :D
Got in 4 time trail runs
9.19 boy was this run fun smoking the tires 1/2 track and still beating the 70 Mustang that wanted to run me:D even had some of the fast guys 5's & 6's come over and tell it looked really cool seeing the tires hazing at 1/2 track.Shouldn't be so lazy and put on the drag radials but just wanted to have some fun on the street tires:D

Not much time to cool down between runs so car slows some dialed in with 8.70 lost in 1st round with .57rt & 8.71 to the guy that's won it all last few weeks(lucky me):rolleyes:
Really missed hanging with you guys at the Shoot Out :(hope next year:)was fun but not the same.
Dan

Nice times Dan. I missed you (and the cooler's full of beer:D) at the shootout dude. Hope to see ya there next year.

Congrats, What do you have for a current setup? The member page does not say much. I have a 95 so I am interested. Thanks Stephen

Thanks guys wish I could have made it to.
Stephen I did a post titled Budget Build on what I did to the car.(I'm computer challanged and don't know how to link the post):confused:I did put on a 75mm throttle body and put in the Performance Automatic valve body since then.
Dan

Thanks Dan, I read that, good job,mine has been nothing like a buget build up but I did try, just kept adding stuff. I'm out of control:eek:.
Did you put in a PP TB? You dyno'd a little over 300. Nice Thats what I am currently looking for if it ever get's straightened out. Should be mid week:confused: We will see.

What's next any special plans for the next year or keeping her the way she is?

Stephen

Dan, how do u like the valve body, is it manual. Does it compare to the lentech?

Corey, I like the valve body yes it you can shift it manual holds 1st & 2nd shift into OD for drive when you let off it shifts into OD.Or can run in OD like a normal auto.Never tried a Lentech so can't say remember this was a budget build would have like a Lentech but looked for a less expensive unit.

Dan

Back