another new best 10.48

Kevin Leitem

went back to the track today, promising results but not the ET i was looking for, but definatelty better. only made 2 passes. I think i blew out the intake gaskets. with the mustang heads they use just a 6mm bolt for the intake and there are 2 less bolts. i think i am going to drill and tap them for 8mm now. but I did not get video, no one was able to go with me, but i will get video next weekend and should run even better then.

60' 1.399
330 4.205
1/8 6.604
1/8 MPH 102.28
1000' 8.642
1/4 10.482
1/4 MPH 128.95

P.S. that was at 43% O.D. but do believe leaking boost.

I really doubt anyone would call foul at this point because of the video. You've been a stand up guy so no one should doubt you.

Congratulations!

Simply awesome Kevin. 102 in the 1/8 :eek:

Did you get your tuning issues figured out? Or is the timing still the same? Either way simply stunning.

Mark

Judging from the MPH alone, I would guess that timing is about right for the boost now. There might be more to be had from a little more timing but if it were me I'd leave well enough alone for now and work on getting the ET down some. ;)

Good job Kevin.

Judging from the MPH alone, I would guess that timing is about right for the boost now. There might be more to be had from a little more timing but if it were me I'd leave well enough alone for now and work on getting the ET down some. ;)

Good job Kevin.

i have been talking to tom at supersix and he thinks even 34 degree timing would be ok at 25 psi. I doubt i will go the. i think i will let it stay at 28

Last edited:
Yeah, just by looking at MPH you trapped four more MPH than you did at the shootout, but only went a tenth quicker.

Looks like it's time to start playing with the suspension a little. Your 60 foot should be at slowest a 1.35 if everything's working the way it should be.

The thing's making plenty of power to run 10.20s. Good work, Kevin. Good luck with everything.

Nice job Kevin...I'd be leary of racing it again until you get the tune dialed in. What's the problem with your SCT software ?

David

Nice job Kevin...I'd be leary of racing it again until you get the tune dialed in. What's the problem with your SCT software ?

David
I lost all the tune values on the sct software.

no, the tune is actually too safe, i want to be harder on it. I want more timing, as for fuel, i can do that with fuel pressure and sample tube. it is running a tad richer than i normally run it. everything looks fine on the datalog. just want more timing. and i don't feel like messing with SCT, I do not like them, and probably will leave it alone and go with and aftermarket ECU.

I lost all the tune values on the sct software.

no, the tune is actually too safe, i want to be harder on it. I want more timing, as for fuel, i can do that with fuel pressure and sample tube. it is running a tad richer than i normally run it. everything looks fine on the datalog. just want more timing. and i don't feel like messing with SCT, I do not like them, and probably will leave it alone and go with and aftermarket ECU.

Just so everyone knows, Kevin has one of the earliest renditions of the SCT software that he won at the 2005 SC Shootout. SCT does not support that platform anymore and requires an update which Kevin does not want to do. Just wanted to let people know that it is not a limitation of the SCT sortware that is giving Kevin trouble but rather his own decision not to upgrade.

and i never had any good dealings with SCT. They may treat Dave good, but I never had any luck with them. they basically told me it was my car that was the problem and that in no way shape or form it was on their end. even though the car ran good without their stuff. after many "talks" with them it did turn out to be their switch on the chip. they refused to send me anything. But to have a chip done by dave, you will never have a problem.

I didn't see the question asked anywhere; what were your intake temperatures with the increased overdrive?

Back